Chapter 1

"Momma please wake up. Mommy." The little girl nudged the body with her little hands. "Daddy?" She crawled over to another body, the body of her beloved father. "Daddy I'm scared."

She started whimpering. She was cold and afraid. She didn't know what happened. She crawled in between her mother and father. Curling up on her side. Her breathe came out in little pants of air.

Her fingers and face was going numb. She rocked back and forth... Back and forth..

"Over here!" A yell boomed out into the night. They were all by a forest. It was cold and thunder rumbled above. The girl cowered lower hiding behind her father.

"I think they are alive, father. There's someone whimpering." Another voice said. He sounded so young. The girl blinked and raised her head only a fraction above the ground. Her eyes peeked above her daddy's back.

A man and a small boy was hurridley running up to us. She grabbed her dads shirt and cried. Her sobs made the man run harder. The boy stopped a long way back. He blinked at the two dead bodies.

"She's alive!" The man yelled. She sobbed harder as a pair of arms picked her up gently. She started screaming and thrashing into the arms.

"Shhh... Don't cry. I'm here for you, baby girl. Shhh..." He cooed into her ear. She became less scared and buried her face into the man's neck.

"Daddy she's bleeding." The big said. The girls eyes scanned down to her stomach sure enough three large red gashes were on her hip. She whimpered and met the eyes of the man that came to her rescue. His eyes were filled of concern and fear.

Her head rolled back and she soon darkness consumed her.