Chapter 11

Rylan didn't follow me much to my surprise. He's probably glad I left. Now he can have some alone time with that slut. I ran out the door and without a glance back I ran into the forest. Shifting to my white wolf. I pulled my head back and howled up to the moon.

Why goddess why me. Why hurt me. I've been a good wolf. Have I not? My wolf was heaving by the hurt. She couldn't take it. After about thirty minutes of running I came onto a little stream. My wolf slowly made her way into the water.

When the water came to our stomach we splashed down. Water enveloped over us. We dunked our head under water. After a good minute we raised our head again we stood up and shook our head.

I trotted out of the water. The cool water calmed us both down. We settled down beside the stream putting our head down on our paws.

My thoughts drifted off to Erick and Adam. Oh how much i miss them. Not one day goes by that I don't think of them. They raised me and spoiled me silly. They'll always be family. Always.

I found myself thinking about Rylan. Why did he have to be my mate. All he will do is hurt me.

"Are you sure you need to be out here right now?" Brandon's familiar voice said from behind me. I raised my head and turned to him. I shifted and sat up. I leaned my back against a tree. Brandon already saw me naked so there was no longer any reason to cover up.

"Just want to get away." I said slowly. I picked up a leaf and started pulling off pieces of it.

"What did he do now?" He said slowly sitting down beside me. I slowly noticed that he only had shorts on. His bare chest could make anyone feel aroused. I looked away and frowned.

"Blakely." I said simply. I knew he would know about her.

"Ahhhh... She has been wanting to be Luna." I nodded throwing the shredded leaf away. I looked up into the sky. Little stars shone down on us.

"Well... That's not what's bothering me. I mean it is but..." I stopped and hesitated. "He.... They... They kissed." I said pulling my legs up against my chest. Tears pricked my eyes once again.

Brandon scooted closer he took my head and placed it on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I snuggled up against him. Tears poured freely now. I started sobbing against his chest.

"It's okay, little Bella." He cooed at me petting my hair. I looked up at him.

"Why did I get him as a mate?" I asked him. I cried again when he didn't answer. After I started calming down a bit he responded.
"The goddess gives us each a mate. Do not be alarmed. She did it for a purpose." I nodded and closed my eyes. His chest rose and fell in a soothing rhythm. I soon felt myself falling asleep. My last thought that I thought of was one person.

Rylan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rylan

I had her again. After her first escape I did not want her to leave me again. She is mine. My mate. My wolf agreed with me.

I had to leave her in my room for about 2 hours. I left 2 guards guarding her. I'd been stuck with alpha meetings. These stupid rogues killed a nearby alpha's mate. That is the worst that can happen. I knew Zane very well. He had two young kids.

I attended their wedding in hopes to find my mate. Ashley was a pretty thing. Beautiful, gentle, caring and loving all that I want in my mate. Finally after a long time of searching I have found her.

"Alpha? Are you listening?" Asked my beta Alan. I shook my head to stop thinking about my beautiful Isabella.

"Yes. Go on." I said coughing and sitting straighter in my chair. Alan was by my side and I was in a meeting with the alpha that is second closest to us. The whitepaws are the closest but they have something against us. Something that my father did. He won't speak to me about it. That bothers me so much.

Alpha Cory from the nearby pack cleared his throat. "like I was saying, the rogues are moving in from here." He pointed to the map. It was just past the red dawns pack. "It's heading in this direction from the pack. We think that the next hit will be either here or here." He motioned each and every spot that he thought they will hit.

"And after those packs?" I asked glancing up at him.

"it's hard to decide our packs are so close including the whitepaws." He said his face looked concerned. "I can't let anything happen to my pack. Do you understand? My mate... She... She's having our pups in 3 months. I can't risk her dying." Cory said slowly he sat down on a chair and rubbed his temple. His beta came up and whispered something in his ear I averted my attention.

"Well, alpha Rylan, I am no longer in use of the meeting. If you would excuse us." Cory stood up and shook my hand. He turned to leave.

"Wait." I said grabbing his shoulder. Cory turned around confused. "We can team up. Together our packs are greater. They can't stand a chance against all of us''

"You would do that? For us?" Cory asked hopeful.

"For all of us and our mates." I said nodding. Cory smiled and he went and hugged me. I patted his back. When we pulled away and said our goodbyes I went and sat down at my desk.

I pulled out some paperwork and tried work on those. After about 10 minutes I growled and pushed them away. I can't concentrate without my mate. I smiled at the thought of her. She's so beautiful. Her long black hair and those eyes. Those mesmerizing eyes. So beautiful they make me go crazy.

I smiled and shot up. I should go get my mate. I almost giggled like a girl till I coughed. I walked out of my office and down the hall. My two loyal guards stood there guarding my mate.

I took the keys from the guard and unlocked the door. I walked in and frowned. She wasn't in the bedroom. I heard shuffling in the bathroom. I quickly made my way there. The door was wide open. As I opened it I saw Isabella hanging in front of the window.

"Isabella!" I yelled I ran over and jumped through. My body couldn't fit that good but my waist up did. I caught her hand as she let go. She screamed and I heard her cry out as she hit the wall. I smelled blood and my wolf was at bay.

Guys I need you! I mindlinked my guards. Three on the bottom west wing. And one in Cloe's room.

"Why are you escaping me! I am your mate!" I yelled out. Why the hell does she do this to me!

"I don't want an alpha mate. Your so... So overprotective." my wolf growled. How dare she say that to me. I am her mate. Of course I have to protect her. Her eyes they were twinkling. My heart surged forward with sadness. My wolf backed up and was me who overtook my body. My grip loosened on her wrist.

"Please... Don't leave me..." I begged out. I cant let her leave me. She's the only one that makes me calm down. I love her. I do. I love her so much.

"Rylan, Im so..." My wolf howled as she begged out. At that moment I lost my grip on her hand and she fell. She caught herself and my whole body shook of how close that was. I moved back and ran out of the room. I ran down the stairs. Without stopping. She needed me.

I heard her scream. I pushed faster. As I made it out the door I saw her falling. My wolf howled and I ran and jumped. I easily caught her. I turned so I would catch the fall. I grunted as I hit the ground. We rolled till I came to a stop. My body ached.

"Rylan..." She slowly said. I blinked down on her. I will never let you go mate. I squeezed her tightly in my arms. You're mine.