Chapter 8

Brandon led me up to a room on the 3rd floor. There is 5 floors so he must be pretty important to be this close to the top.

Brandon gave me his jacket to cover up and I did not know how to say thanks. I can't believe I was so close to mating with Rylan. Oh goddess what have I done.

We went up the fifth level when I felt like I was being watched. The smell of pine went up to my nose. I shivered, breathing hard.

Brandon opened a door and we went inside. His room was small but comfortable. He had only a drawer and his bed. He had a walk in closet.

"Here." He threw me a pair of shorts and a tanktop that was pink. I eyed the tank but didn't say anything. "Bathroom is down the hall to your left. "

I nodded and walked out. I looked around for a bit but confirmed it was safe. I hurried to the bathroom and walked in.

After a hot steaming shower I got out and changed into the clothes that brandon lent me. I looked in the mirror to see puffy eyes and a red nose.

I closed my eyes and sighed. I opened the door and walked out. I tiptoed to Brandon's door but heard him grunting.

I scrunched my nose and pressed my ear to the door to hear better. "Oh brandon..." I heard a girl from inside call out. I put a hand over my mouth and backed away.

I turned to the stairs and hurried down them. Taking two steps at a time. I rounded the last row when I heard someone talking. His voice was rough and husky making my bones tremble to the core.

"I don't get it, momma..." I heard him say.

"Ry... Honey... It's okay. You know better than to do that again..." I heard a small smooch sound. I peeked around the corner to see Rylan and a small woman. I pulled back and looked around to see any meaning of escapes.

"Who ar yoh?" I turned surprised and saw a small boy no less than maybe 4?

I put a finger up to my lips. Looking around to make sure no one was around.

The little boy took a step to the side and saw Rylan. He looked back up and back to Rylan. "Buppa dis girl is beng nahhtie" The little boy said pointing up to me.

"Traitor!" I mumbled and made a beeline down the hallway. I heard someone shout my name and I was being followed.

I caught sight of the kitchen and turned into it. Heading for the door. I managed to open it and run down the stairs and onto the grass.

I lunged up to shift when I was tackled. I landed on the soft grass with a small thud. I rolled to a stop and looked up.

"Howdy..." I said putting on my best fake smile.

"You... Are in big trouble." Rylan growled.