Chapter 18

"Erick!" I yelled out smiling. I clutched the sheets to my body and ran to Erick. I jumped into his arms and hugged him. He didn't say anything but I felt him hugging me back.

I was pulled away from him by strong arms. I turned my head to see Rylan glaring at Erick. He had his arms wrapped strongly around me.

I could hear his chest rumbling. I turned around and pressed my free hand on his chest. His dark eyes snapped down to mine.

"It's okay... This is my brother, Erick." I didn't mention that he isn't exactly my brother. I turned to Erick. "What are you doing here?" I said with a smile on my face.
"Well I came to visit... Umm what the hell happened to your house?" He said looking around.

"Oh... Nothing."

"You sure? Was it this dog over here." My mouth popped open and Rylan growled. He took a step towards Erick but I grabbed his arm.

"Erick!" I said my voice cracking. He just called Rylan a dog. I didnt know whether to yell or feel offended.

"What? He already got down your pants. What else will he do. Kill me?" Erick glared at Rylan.

"Keep pushing it, human, and I will." Rylan answered threateningly. I looked from the two boys in front of me.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Erick?" I said shoving Rylan back as he took a step forward. I stood in between the two guys.

Erick looked down at me. He looked like he was dragged to hell and back. His eyes were watery and his hair was not in his usual style. Now it's loose and not gelled back.

"Izzy.... Adam.... Adam... He's..." he stuttered.

"He what!?" I yelled back trying to get his attention back into focus.

"He's dead." My world plummeted around me as my legs gave loose. Rylan caught me and the blanket slipped from my fingers exposing me. I didnt even care about it.

"Wh... What..." I said just above a whisper.

"They killed him." Erick answered back.

"No... No your lying!" I yelled as I went to shove him but Rylan didnt let go. "No... Please.. No..." I said as I started hyperventilating.
"I'm sorry, Isabella..." Erick said.

"This can't be happening." I quietly said as tears ran down my face. It's not true. My only Guardian, my friend, my father died.

"They left this." Erick dug into his pocket and produced a little yellow piece of paper. He handed it to me.

I slowly straightened up and opened it.

Dear beautiful Isabella....
One down, two down, and now three. Or wait? Was it three hundred? And now three hundred and three.
Your father took what is important to me...

You.
I will soon have you back, my sweet girl.
Meet me this Sunday in the only childhood memory you have with your dear father. You know where.
You better come alone, or else.
Three hundred and three will soon be three hundred and six. Your little mate won't protect you long, child. Until Sunday.

"It doesn't have a name." Erick stated the obvious. I nodded still looking down at the little paper.

What place is this guy talking about...
I thought and though and then remembered. Before my parents died my father used to take me to a little river down by my old house.

But why there? Why now?