Chapter 10

"Why... Why run away?" Rylan said running his hands through his hair. "Why run... Again?" He sat down on the couch. We were in his room.

I was on his bed my back on the backboard and my knees propped up. I put my head on my knees. "I... I don't know..." I said slowly. After Rylan grabbed me he pulled us to his room. Since then he has been asking me the question over and over, again.

"You're so stupid." My wolf and I both cringed at the comment aimed for us. I whimpered and wrapped my arms more tightly around my knees. I heard him sigh. "Can't you see that your mine. Why? Why can't you fucking see that!" He yelled at me. I cowered lower.

I heard him get up and walk over to me. He roughly grabbed my shoulder and made me face him. I gasped and stared at him. "Answer me!" His eyes turned black. I started whimpering louder. Tears streamed down my face. He immediately let go. His eyes slowly turned back to his rich brown color.

"I..." I choked on the words and looked away from him.

"I'm sorry... I don't... I don't know why I did that." He said slowly. He sat down on the bed by my feet. I sniffled and looked up at him.

"It's okay. I'm sorry... I'm sorry I tried to escape." I said leaning forward and placing my hand on his shoulder. He stiffened by my touch. I immediately retreated my hand. Hurt flashed across my face. Rylan turned to me and grabbed my hand. He pulled it up and kissed it.

My wolf surged with happiness. "Rylan I... "
"Shhh" Rylan pressed two fingers to my lips. I looked up at him. His eyes scanned my face and then focused on my lips. I saw him lean in then stop a few inches away. I slowly blinked up at him. He reached up and brushed a piece of loose hair behind my ear.

I slowly leaned in closer brushing my lips across his. A shiver ran down my back. His hands slide down to my waist. He slowly pulled me in. I opened my mouth to kiss him when a knock on the door made me jump and pulled away.

I coughed and scooted away from him. A growl erupted from him. I looked away from him and looked towards the door. The knocking now became more urgent.

Rylan sighed and got up heading to the door. He opened the door and stuck out his head.

"What do.... Didn't I send you below level?" I heard Rylan say. I heard him growl again. What is it with him and growling and what's with me almost kissing him. I shouldn't have done that. Now he knows that I want him. Hell he'll probably try to kiss me again after this.

"Rylan... " I heard a female say. I instantly perked up and listened. Who was this girl? "Rylan baby you didn't mean it did you?" Said the girl seductively. My wolf growled how dare this girl talk to my mate like that.
I saw Rylan look back at me his face was scared and annoyed. I frowned as he stepped out and shut the door behind him. I got up and walked to the door. I put my ear up against the door.

"Oh Rylan, yes!" Said the girl. I scrunched my nose as I recognized the voice. It was the girl in the patio. I listened closer.

"Not now, Blakely." I heard him say back. His voice was firm.

"Mmmmmm come..." I heard her say but was cut off. I raised an eyebrow. I turned the handle and pulled the door slowly. My heart broke into little tiny pieces.

I stood there with the door wide open watching the guy that is supposed to be my mate face sucking a blonde bimbo. I closed my eyes and opened them again. I can't believe it. My worst nightmare is not going away. I whimpered and wrapped my arms around my stomach. I couldn't speak I couldn't do anything. I stopped breathing. When I sucked my breathe back in Rylan pulled away from the girl.

A single tear fell from my eye. I wiped it away hastily. Rylan finally turned and saw me.

"Isabella...." I raised my hand to stop him. He took a step towards me and I bolted. I ran down the hall and down the stairs. I don't know what had me to do this, but for the third time today I ran away. Away from my mate.