1. Im going on vacation (part one)

Y/n pov

A few months ago there was a sort of competition that I didn't really care about knowing the details to. But apparently it was something about how the one with the most hours and surgery's got a relaxing seven day vacation. It was something going on at many hospitals apparently, and it wasn't something you signed up for but something the Chief of surgery held in. And on the month of that competition I got the highest hours and almost most surgeries if you don't count the intern surgery junkies. And no I didn't try to win, I didn't even want to but when I actually did win this vacation my husband Anthony (but I call him Tony if I say his name) said it was a gift from the gods. He thinks it'll give me a sense of perspective on the life we're living, since I spend most of my time at the hospital instead of home with him. It's in these times when he brings that up that i wish I had married another doctor instead of a lawyer who teaches.  Like in that series "how to get away with murder" but with less drama I suppose. Most of the time that we actually have seen each other is when something goes wrong at the hospital, since he's one of our lawyers. I'm embarrassed to even say that but it's true.

I'm the attending General surgeon at Massachusetts General hospital and I love it more than anything, and Tony supports that. That's one of the many reasons why I married him in the first place. But being the hospital junkie I am, I'm surprised I'm still sitting on this plane to Spain or more specifically, Barcelona. That was the deal....

Seven days filled with already paid activity's
Day one will consist of a breakfast at the hotel I'll be staying at, Paragon Hotel and spa. Which seems to be the only shit in English here. Then there's the beach and the town square for a few hours. Lunch at La Mesa, and later dinner at El Huerto Secreto which sound exciting. Well almost every day consists of this line up except for the the third, fifth and seventh day where I'll have breakfast at some restaurants. Then the fourth day will be a spa day. And there are four bars that we have tabs on.

Well I'm not the only one who's going in this vacation so I'm sure my hotel and later restaurants will be filled with other doctors from around the US. Maybe I'll even recognise someone, maybe through a paper or conference. Maybe even from school. There might even be some of those people on my plane, since it stoped in Luxembourg before going here. So more could have gotten on it, but I'm too tired to even think about it now as it's 10pm. Oh right... time difference as well. Now I can't really call my own husband at any time either.

"This is your captain speaking, we will be landing in Barcelona in approximately ten minutes so if you could all fasten your seatbelts and the tables in front of you." The female captain says through the speakers before continuing to say the same thing in Spanish. God I haven't read Spanish since high school so I don't know how much I remember. Good thing that Tony packed some of my Spanish books in my handbag for me to read on the plane. Which did not make me smarter but I guess it's a start.

One buss takes at least two dozen of us to the hotel we're staying at, I haven't even looked at anyone to see if there's someone I know. But I know that I almost fell asleep on the way judging by how I jerked up when we stoped. So all I did was hurry to get checked in and went up to my room. It's on the sixth floor out of eight, viewing towards the ocean over two blocks of lower houses. I draw the curtains and change into my pyjamas that's as simple as a white t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants. But I definitely didn't think about how hot it would also be in the night so I skip the trousers and just sleep in the shirt. Sweet sleep... alone.

Breakfast wasn't that bad but thanks to jet lag I didn't have much energy to eat so I just took a tea and a scone before I went back up to grab my things for the beach. If I'm gonna be 'forced' to go on vacation I'm gonna enjoy it even if my hands will be bored. Maybe I should take up knitting, I did see a yarn and knitting store on the way to the beach.

As I sit down at said beach I can easily see who are surgeons as they had the same idea as me about the knitting. It's not just that, but the precision and carefulness that tells me that they're used to cutting into skin and navigating the human body. The waves are low and people are swimming and playing on the water. As I haven't bought any yarn or anything yet I decide to wave over a server from the bar and order a virgin sunset. Judging by the accent that the man I would say that this vacations locations are handpicked for people who speak English. But as I wait for my drink I take up one of my books, who just happens to be one of my old medical school books. Cause why not brush up on how to do things in the OR.

I get my drink and that's when I see her. Her long red hair that's a tad darker by the water, but I can still see the red shine through. Her tanned body as she walks out of the water and towards her own chair and things where another woman is sitting as well. Her long legs as she walked, her perfect figure and the perfect big smile she shots the woman next to her. I'm so mesmerised my the woman that I didn't even notice someone sitting down in the chair next to mine before she speaks.

"Are you studying or on vacation?" The woman asks, pointing to the book that's still open in my hands, bringing me back from the beautiful woman.

"Oh... I'm on vacation and this was the only book I brought from the hotel." Oh god I'm talking to much. I should just shut up. I could have just answered vacation but no I needed an explanation. But the woman just laughs it off.

"Im Irene Young, I'm also a general surgeon." She answers instead and extends her hand.

"Y/n Holland-Morgan." I answer myself with a smile as I take her hand in a shake. Why couldn't I just say Morgan, I mean it is my husbands name but I did hyphenate for a reason. Now I'm thinking to much, shut up brain.

"So where did they sent you from, since I'm guessing you won in your hospital." She continues the conversation and I give in. Why not make a new friend.

"Im the Attending General surgeon at Massachusetts General Hospital." I answer and it sounds like bragging. But it's really not because the being an attending is sort of new as I've only been on for about three years.

"Wow, an attending. You've come further that i have. I'm from Georgia, Emory university hospital to be more exact." She says and leans back into the sun. "You know I'm glad you had that book out because I couldn't even tell who else was from the competition. I was too tired yesterday to even think about who else was on the buss."

"Me too but it's really simple to find some of them."

"How?"

"On my way here I passed a yarn and knitting store and thought about buying some to keep my hands busy. And look, there are at least five dozen men and women who are knitting. For example, look at the man there and that man. See how differently they do it, he has such precision and is careful while he is knitting rather violently. He's probably a Cardiothoracic or Neurologist surgeon judging by the precision." I explain proudly to my conclusion.

"Wow, that's impressive." She says, honestly impressed.

"That's why I'm an attending, I'm a good people judger. By their actions I mean, they tell a lot about a person."

"That's good, now I'm even more glad that I met you. We can people scout." She says with a smile.

"I'm married but I will help you if you want." As I say that I start to fiddle with the two rings on my necklace. I haven't even thought about putting them on my finger now that I'm not working, but I wouldn't want a tan line from them so I let them be.

"Boring but okay." She says and I can't help but laugh at her fake pout. "Im hungry, how about we go to the La Mesa and get a table."

"Sound good." I answer and as we pack our things I look over to the woman again and see her looking my way. She can't be looking at me though, even though she looks away as soon as I meet her gaze.

A/n feel free to comment what you want to happen. I hope you enjoy it and have a nice summer.