19. It's so effortlessly sweet

Addison pov

Amelia is sitting in my office, with my phone in her hand. I stay in the doorway, waiting for her to notice me but she doesn't. So i take to word.

"Amelia, what are you doing?" i asks and she jumps, proving that she was too focused on whatever's on my phone.

"I'm on a mission, duh" she answers like it's obvious, like i should already know the answer to that.

"What kind of mission? And why do you have my phone?" but she ignores my two questions as she just puts my phone back on the desk, right where i had left it before.

"Wouldn't you wanna know" she has a smirk on her face as she says it and gets out of my chair.

"I would actually, because when your up to something it usually ends up with us doing something we shouldn't"

"Well you've already done what you shouldn't... or should i say who in that sentence?" i stiff at her words. Even though i told her that, i didn't think she would say it like that... in the middle of the hospital... outloud.

"Amelia..." i don't even know what to answer to that. I've been trying not to think about Barcelona, even though it's hella hard. When Derek came home yesterday, he asked a bunch of questions about the vacation that i couldn't answer. I mean i could... but it would be covered in lies as well. Like when he asked who i was with i answered honestly about Y/n being there but not of how close we got. Or when we played truth or dare in the hottub and i was dared to kiss her. Or the nights out in the clubs... how we danced and danced the night away together. For every truth, there was another lie.

"Chill, i'm not gonna tell Derek... you'll do that on your own if you want. But..." she looks at the clock before continuing. "I have to go now, an important business to attend to." and she slinks out of the office, past me, without another word. I'm about to call her name to stop her but she's already gone. To attend 'business', whatever that is. I walk up behind my desk and sit down, picking up my phone... which i haven't even looked at for the last 19 hours. She's probably smart enough to erase whatever she was doing on my phone but it look anyways. Nothing. Nothing out of the ordinary. So i go into my texts, but nothing new. But in my contacts, there is one open... the one of Y/n. I had forgot i added a picture, one i took when she was standing by one of the tables at the market. She's looking at the necklace that i bought her. The little blue rock with carvings of 'live, love, laugh' in Spanish hanging from a chain in her hand. I can't stop my head from wondering if she's still wearing it. Maybe not, as we're trying to move on.

It's in this moment i realise. Right now that i'm looking at this picture that i realise. I don't want to move on. I want to be with her, not with Derek or anyone else, but with y/n. But i can't just call her, what if she actually succeeded in moving on? I can't come and ruin that for her. But my finger presses the call button anyways... only to instantly hang up. It didn't even go through a tone. It won't even show up that i tired to call.

Y/n pov

The ringing of my phone wakes me up and i grab it before even opening my eyes properly, or looking at who's calling

"Hi, this is Amelia Shepherd. Is this Y/n Morgan?" a female voice asks on the other side of the phone as soon as i answer it.

"This is her, who did you say you were again?" i ask as i'm half asleep and literally didn't hear her present herself.

"Amelia Shepherd, i'm Addison's sister in-law" she answers and i jerk up out of the bed. The sister in-law that's a neurosurgeon and an ex-junkie.

"Did something happen? Is she okay?" is my first response because why else would she call me in the middle of the night? I mean, it's the only explanation i can come up with.