2. Im going on vacation (part two)

Text chain included in cursive

Addison pov

I'm wasn't that surprised that I won the competition really. Both me and Derek have been spending all our time at the hospital and it's really straining. But we both feel at home there and we do work on a few cases together. But I think both him and Mark got jealous over the fact that I had more hours and cases than them. But it's not my fault that teenagers aren't that careful in the summer or that couples likes to get freaky in the late and cold autumn months.

But there are two reasons to why they had this competition. One is to give the most hardworking surgeons a break so that they can come back even better as most of us don't take vacations or breaks. The other is to bring together people from around the world. See if there could be a friendship between doctors and rival hospitals.

On the plane I was hoping that it would be some nice people who also won this competition this week. Apparently they send two dozen each week so that it won't be to many there at the same time. Because having around 24 surgeons with egos bigger than Texas at the same place is such a good idea. Especially since some have to be plastic and neuro, I know personally how big those egos can be.

Already on the buss towards the hotel I decide to make conversation with the woman sitting next to me.

"Hi, I'm Addison Shepherd." I say, extending her my hand as I also see a woman in the background who looks like she's falling asleep.

"I'm Zoe, Zoe Rogers." She answers me with a smile. And to continue the conversation she adds a question. I guess I'm no the only one who hopes to get a friend while on these seven days. "What department are you from?"

"I'm an OB/GYN attending in New York. How about you?" I answer and try to ignore the Plastic men in the backseat.

"Paediatric from Massachusetts, but I'm just a surgeon." And we end up talking about a lot of things, like what we think about the others. Like how the three blond men, all with perfect skin and cut hair, are surely from plastic. The two sleeping woman on the other side of the aisle, only three seats apart, are probably from from General. While the loudest man in the bus is from Trauma. And then we talk about how we have it home, our husbands and how she has two kids. A boy named Thomas and a girl named Maria, both at age eight.

One of the sleeping women hurry to check in and disappear first to her room while we other also check in. My room is on the sixth floor out of eight, with the wonderful view of the ocean only two blocks away. I decide to stay a bit out on my balcony before I see someone cover their window with the curtains next door. I pick up my phone out of my back pocket to text Derek a good night, even though it's about 5 pm at him right now.

Derek♥️

Just wanted to say that I've arrived at the hotel now and to say goodnight

It's bedtime already? It's like 5:30 pm

Six hours time difference here. It's 10:30 here

Okay, sleep tight and remember to check the time before texting or calling

I'm sure I won't have that much to do that even but I will think about it. The schedule is pretty packed with things to do

Good and I heard that there will the one more attending apart from you and a head of Orthopaedic. Must be fun to spend a week with doctors from all across the us

It sure will and I've already made a friend who's is in paediatrics

But now I should get to bed because breakfast is served at nine and we're gonna got to the beach after that