𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯... 𝗺𝗼𝗼𝗻 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗹𝗹

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃: h2o - just add water

👑

IT HAD BEEN A FEW WEEKS SINCE RIKKI HAD SAVED ELLIOT'S LIFE AND THE MERMAID SECRET WAS STILL SAFE. the secret was bound to come out but all that the four girls could do was be careful and to think quick on their feet in case any of them were at risk of turning into their mermaid form with people around.

emma had been putting all her time and effort into organising the perfect birthday party for her dad. she had asked alexa a huge favour which was if she could paint a portrait of the gilbert family as a present for her father. alexa had rose to the challenge and had been working on the painting for weeks. in return, emma would buy whatever drink alexa wanted at the juicenet cafe for three months.

cleo, rikki and alexa decided to check on emma who wasn't answering either of their messages. they figured that she was still working hard on planning her dad's birthday party. cleo opened the front door of the gilbert household and the three girls entered the household where they noticed black balloons being hung all over the house.

rikki held her arms open wide as she gestured to the black balloons, "welcome to my gothic world."

"that's not funny." emma stated in a deadpanned tone as she stared at rikki with a serious look on her face with a clipboard in her hands, "it's my dad's birthday. it's an important night." 

as the four girls walked to the kitchen, rikki stated in admiration of emma's hard work, "i can't believe emma organised this whole thing. that's very, um, efficient." she said as she looked at the decorations that were set up for the party.

emma questioned the sertori, "have i told you about the seafood?"

cleo shook her head, "only twenty five times."

emma told cleo, "tell your dad it needs to be fresh, and it has to be his best stuff. we need to have it here by 7:45. better write that down." she held out her pen out to cleo but she simply picked up a pen from the desk and wrote the time down on her hand.

emma turned to face the rooney, "have i told you about the painting, lex? is it done?"

alexa nodded, "it's all done now. the paint just needs to dry and then, it'll be done and ready for your dad to see."

"you seem a bit tense." rikki pointed out to the gilbert.

"i'm not tense." emma denied as she forced a smile on her face.

"you're grinding your teeth." rikki pointed out as she gestured to her lips.

"it's called a smile, rikki." emma commented sassily. she addressed her younger brother, "elliot. don't just do yellow and black. get some other colours."

alexa placed her hand on emma's shoulder and soothed the gilbert, "alright, emma. i think he gets it."

elliot smiled at the rooney gratefully before he turned to face his older sister, "alright, alright. gee." he threw a black balloon into the air before he hit it with his hand which caused the balloon to hit emma directly in the face which caused the three girls to look down and suppress a laugh.