𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯... 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽𝘄𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗱

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃: h2o - just add water

👑

IT HAD BEEN SIX DAYS SINCE THE EVENTS REGARDING THE FULL MOON HAD HAPPENED. since then, life in the gold coast had been as normal as it possibly could be for alexa and her friends. they had to be cautious of their actions and if they were in any risk of exposing the mermaid secret then they'd have to come up with a convincing lie that would convince anyone.

even though alexa had to lie to protect herself and her loved ones, she hated doing it. lying may be deemed as acceptable depending on your reason to lie but to a certain extent, it may be viewed as unacceptable. by creating a lie, it would only set up a relationship that would only be destroyed in the end.

those were the consequences. and alexa refused to let anyone suffer from her actions. she had realised that she was getting close to niall, a boy she had never expected to come into her life. he had alexa baffled from the moment they had first met and although the two had agreed to a mutual agreement on staying on good terms (due to byron and emma's feelings for one another), they still bickered time and time again.

sure, alexa and niall may have started off on the wrong foot but their friendship was slowly growing stronger by the day. it had only been two months ago that the two had met at school and progress was being made day by day. 

but alexa should've known that their friendship was doomed from the very beginning but she couldn't help but take a leap with him when he was at his most vulnerable state when niall was on his own due to byron's time being occupied with training for the school swimming sports competition, specifically the 100m.

"whenever you feel alone or you just want to talk or hang out, you're always free to come to me." alexa told the henderson, "just know that, i'm always here."

alexa blamed herself for getting close to niall and being the reason why her three friends possessing the ability to transform into mermaids and their abilities over water. if she didn't leave her kingdom to stay at the gold coast, maybe they wouldn't have come across the moon pool on the day of the full moon which gave the three girls their powers and a metamorphosis whenever they made contact with water and maybe she wouldn't have come across niall at all.

but there was always more pressing matters that had to be alexa's top priority where she can't take a moment to focus on her own problems that had risen ever since her three friends became mermaids.

emma was down at the docks where she met the mysterious woman that cleo met whilst she was at work who was called miss chatham who owned a houseboat called the 'lorelei' which broke free due to the mooring line as it was frayed through. due to the mooring line being broken, it broke free and scratched zane's cowling.

to make matters worse, zane brought mr hendrix (the harbour master) to miss chatham and emma who informed the former that she had unpaid mooring fees that went back five years as well as reminding her of the several requests that had been made from the people who owned a boat at the docks asking her to maintain her vessel according to regulations.