𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳... 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃: h2o - just add water

👑

IT HAD BEEN A DAY SINCE DR DENMAN HAD LEFT THE GOLD COAST TO GO ON HER SIX MONTH INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL TO DO A SCIENTIFIC SURVEY ON AN AREA OF HER CHOICE. since dr denman was a marine biologist, this meant that all mermaid kingdoms were in danger of being discovered by dr denman so alexa had left the gold coast and made her way to the atlantic kingdom. luckily, it was the weekend so the three girls were able to go with the rooney to denmark. they told a cover story to their parents so that the four girls could make their way to atlantica kingdom.

this would be the first time that cleo, rikki and emma would enter a mermaid kingdom. they had only ever had each other to rely on but they'd have the opportunity to meet people who were also the same species as them. 

it was a long way to swim from the gold coast, australia to the atlantica kingdom, denmark. the three girls had been practising on holding their breath for as long as they could underwater but since the journey was going to be a long and tiring one, alexa was going to find a solution that would be helpful to her three friends.

before the four girls could leave, alexa led the three girls to the beach where she would be able to find a special kind of seaweed that would enable the three girls to breathe underwater. whilst alexa knelt on the sand so that she could pull the seaweed out more effectively, the three girls remained wary of her actions.

"so you're telling us that by eating this special kind of seaweed will enable us to breathe underwater?" emma questioned which earned a nod from alexa.

"we don't need it." rikki chimed in, "we've been working on our breath control underwater for ages. we'll be fine." she dismissed.

cleo pointed out, "you guys, this will be useful for us. we won't have to keep swimming up to the water's surface for air every fifteen minutes. otherwise, it'd take us longer to get to the place where alexa grew up."

alexa passed the three girls a piece of seaweed. emma eyed the seaweed in her hand sceptically whilst rikki scrunched her nose in disgust. meanwhile, cleo furrowed her eyebrows in interest as she had never expected a piece of seaweed out of everything in the world to hold magical properties.

rikki held the piece of seaweed up to her mouth. she was about to take a bite before she hastily moved it away from her mouth and held it to her side, "yeah, there's no way i'm eating this."

"it's not that bad." alexa reassured the chadwick, "just don't think about it and eat quickly." she advised.

"you're lucky that you don't have to eat this stuff." rikki commented as she gestured to the seaweed in her hand.

"a perk of being born a mermaid." alexa stated with a knowing smile, "now don't even think about stalling and just eat the seaweed so we can go and you can all meet my family."