Chapter 3

I have a lot to do today. It's already Sunday and I still haven't enrolled Dylan to school, found an apartment, found a gym, or even know if they have street fighting. It's the only way I can make enough money.

First I am going to enrol Dylan in a school, he is more important than me. As long as that is done I will be happy.

So after making sure that we were ready to go, breakfast eaten, dressed and teeth brushed, I walked out the hotel we were staying at.

It's called 'The Teton Hotel' when really it is a motel. Even though it is cheap, I am still starting to run down on money, so I will have to find an apartment soon.

Hopping on my motorbike with Dylan in front of me, I started driving. The roar of the engine making Dylan giggle a bit, he always did say that it tickled. As we were aimlessly wandering around, we came near the big school that I had seen on the way to the motel.

Studying it closer, I realised that it was a high school. That is where I would be going. There were lots of parking spaces, a lot of people must come here.

Next to the big building, I noticed a smaller building, after examining it closer, I noticed that it was another school - a primary school. I simpered, pleased with myself. It's not even lunch yet and I have already found a school for both me and Dylan.

Walking up to the primary school first with Dylan, I went inside, surprised that is was open on a Sunday. I had brought all important information with me. All I had to do now was try to get away with saying that my mum wasn't able to do this as she was too busy. It was partly true, she wasn't able to do this, but that's not because she was busy, more like, not here to do it.

Shaking the thought off, I went inside preparing myself to being rejected.

__________________________________________________________________

I came out satisfied that I was able to convince them that my mum was too busy to come, meaning Dylan has a school to go to and starts tomorrow.

Not only was I happy, but Dylan seemed to be as well. It was good for him to have fun with children his age, instead of just me all the time. "Dylan, we're just going to get me into school and then look for an apartment, okay?"

"Okay," he responded.

It didn't take as long as it did for Dylan, to enrol me into school. I am a senior and as long as I stay invisible, I'll get through this year without any problems.

It was lunch time by the time we came out so I started driving, looking for a place to eat.

We stopped at a diner and went inside. The bell above the door rang out, notifying customers and staff that someone just entered. A few people glanced quickly, but they soon turned back to their food, uninterested in who walked through the door.

Dylan picked a booth to sit in and soon a waitress walked up to our table to take our orders. "Hello, welcome to The Little Diner, my name is Ellie and I will be serving you today. Are you ready to order?" She asked.