Chapter 10

The school bell rang and I dashed out of the building like it was on fire.

The last bell just rung and it was time to go home.

I walked to Dylan's school.

"Hey! Wait up!" Someone shouted to me. Turning around I saw it was Tyler.

I smiled politely at him.

"Hi," I greeted him.

"Umm, do you just want to go straight to my house?" He asked.

His house? Why did I need to go to his house?

Oh.

Realisation dawned on me as I remembered about this project.

I sighed. "Okay, I'll just need to get Dylan and then I can go. I can meet you there if you want. You've already given me the address."

He nodded then left.

Great, now I have to stay and do this project.

Maybe if I stay longer today, we'll get it done quicker.

I saw Dylan.

"Hi Dyl, how was today?"

"Great, school's so fun. Why are you always complaining about it?" He exclaimed.

I let out a breathy laugh.

"Wait till you get to my school. I assure you, you would have changed your mind."

"I'm sorry Dylan but I have to go to Tyler's for a project. It's about love," I made googly eyes and then gagging noises. Dylan laughed.

He stopped laughing and looked at me, "But you love me. Don't you mummy?" My heart melted at his words.

"Of course Dyl, I could never stop loving my baby boy." I spoke, my voice soft as I stared into his kind, green eyes.

I kissed him and he smiled up at me. My love for him over weighed any emotion I had ever felt.

To me, this was love. The love between a parent and their child, a brother and a sister, or a friend and a friend.

Not boyfriend and girlfriend.

I knew what I wanted to write about.

We walked back to the motorbike and I drove to the address Tyler gave me.

I picked Dylan up to ring the doorbell before placing him back on the ground.

I smiled at him. Who knew someone so little could mean so much to me?

The door opened and there stood Tyler. He smiled at us before bending down to Dylan's eye level.

"Hey buddy, sorry but Caleb isn't here right now. He's at the gym with my dad. You can stay with Sky and me though."

Dylan looked up at me asking if it was alright. With my head I gave him a slight nod before he grinned at Tyler and nodded.

Tyler chuckled and stepped to the side, letting us in.

"We'll work on this project in my room, that way if the boys come we won't get disturbed." Tyler spoke.

I nodded then held Dylan's hand as we walked up the stairs and followed him to his room.

We walked in to find a blue painted room. There were two other doors, most likely leading to a bathroom and closet.

In the centre of one wall was his bed with a chest at the end of it. He had a desk with papers covering it. A sofa was placed in front of a TV, controllers and a few pizza boxes around the coffee table.