Chapter 21

The next day, my mind was somewhere else. All I could concentrate on was that word.

Cupcake.

How had he found me so soon?

"Sky. Sky." Ryan's elbow nudged me, pulling me from my thoughts.

I turned to look at him, "What?" I whispered harshly.

His eyes flickered to the front before returning to my face, his mouth pulling into a smirk.

Why did I have to be sat with him of all people?

If only I wasn't late to class, then I wouldn't have had to get the last seat, which just so happened to be next to Ryan.

"Well Sky?" The teacher at the front of the classroom asked with a friendly smile.

She was one of those teachers that thought they were friends with the students and tried to joke around with us but you could tell that when she got angry it was very hard for her to keep her composure.

I looked down at the open book in front of me.

What book were we even reading?

I looked around the class, Zach and Tyler were sat next to each other on the other side of the classroom.

My eyes made their way back to the book, the top of the page had big, bold letters and just as I was about to read it, another whisper came from my right.

"They become less sexually active." Ryan mumbled beside me with his head down, making sure the teacher didn't see his lips moving.

Without processing what he said I repeated it to the teacher and a snort left Ryan's mouth as Mrs Buck choked on her saliva.

I went back to the textbook, what kind of question had that as an answer?

'Human Bodies As They Age'

I turned to Ryan, scowling at him as he tried his best to hold in his laughter.

A few other people let out a laugh but were quickly quietened by our teacher giving a forced laugh of her own.

Obviously she didn't find it all that funny.

"Very funny Skylar, you got me at that one." She carried on with the class, asking anyone else if they 'knew what happened when humans aged?"

I blew out a sigh of relief, glad I wasn't being asked any more questions.

Once again, I faced Ryan and whispered, "What the fuck? You gave me the wrong answer. You're supposed to help me out when I don't know an answer."

I didn't want to seem like I was incapable, they'd just look into things and that wouldn't have been the best idea considering my situation.

He smirked, giving an innocent shrug, "It's true. Well unless you're with me." He moved in, his hot breath against my ear. "If we grew old together, there wouldn't be a day where you wouldn't be left un-pleasured."

I shivered in disgust, clutching the wrist travelling to my neck with force in a way that he would feel uncomfortable.

One wrong move and I could break his wrist.

I dropped his wrist and carried on facing the front, left in my own thoughts as he tried to be subtle at rubbing his sore wrist, not expecting me to hold so much strength.

The bell ringing startled me and as students rushed out of the room, I was still left packing my belongings away.

After placing my last book in my bag, I headed for the door already wishing for school to be over.