Chapter 25

I roused from my deep sleep, my eyes fluttering open before snapping shut at the bright light that invaded them.

A croak escaped my lips at the displeasure of waking up to blurry eyes that watered due to the blinding light. Only now did I become aware of the weight on the lower half of my body.

My eyes shot open, wanting to know of the thing on my abdomen that was weighing me down. I waited a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the light pouring in from the huge windows.

The first thing I noticed from my position was a sofa bearing a sleeping Tyler, quiet snores reaching my ears from where he lay.

My eyes slowly travelled to the being keeping me from moving and my eyes came into contact with brown messy hair.

The sigh of relief that came from me when I realised it was only Zach surprised me.

Only Zach.

I wasn't supposed to feel so comfortable around him that it only being Zach eased my worries.

I let a groan slip from my lips as I noticed the position we were in. How was I going to get out of this one?

His head rested on my stomach with my right leg wrapped loosely around his torso. Unintentionally, my hand was situated on his chest as my arm draped next to his head, providing me with warmth.

How did we even end up like this?

He must have fallen asleep on me after I drifted off.

I attempted moving my arm but he shifted so that he lay on his side, his cheek pressing firmly against my tummy.

I held my breath, not wanting him to wake up yet, and only released it when he stopped stirring.

Only, I did it too early.

As soon as I thought he had dozed off, he tilted his head up to face me, his blue eyes meeting mine.

What I didn't expect was the small smile that adorned his lips as he stared up at me.

"Morning," he croaked in a sleepy voice.

I was momentarily star struck, not knowing what to do with myself.

His voice was heaven to my ears and I internally cursed myself at how easily he affected me.

Even so, I wouldn't mind waking up to that every morning.

I snapped out of my daze as I formed words, my raspy voice responding. "G-good morning."

A dark blue coated his eyes, an emotion I had seen too many times before. Not able to stand that look, I turned away from him and took in the teenagers in a deep slumber.

"Well I guess it's just us awake."

Noticing the way I tried to distance myself from him, he pulled himself up onto his forearms, adjusting his body so it hovered over mine.

His right hand neared my chin before it captured it in his fingers, forcing me to look up at him.

"Hey, hey Sky. I wouldn't do anything to hurt you. I wouldn't do anything you don't feel comfortable with. Alright?"

I convinced myself that he was telling the truth. He hadn't raised his hand to me nor forced me to do anything I didn't want to before.

And when I did feel perturbed and I had told him to stop, he did right away.

He gave me no reason to prove that his manner contradicted his words.

He was telling the truth.