2~ Surprise, Surprise

"I'm gonna beat your ass."

I laughed. "Yeah? You and what army, Asshole?"

Ethan took a swing at me, all in good fun of course. I quickly dodged it and punched him in the ribs. Not hard enough to actually hurt him. He groaned with a laugh.

"I'm sorry I thought you said you were gonna beat my ass. I was just wondering when you were gonna do that," I said jokingly.

He charged at me and tackled me to the floor. I laughed as we wrestled.

I don't even remember why we started fighting. It was probably something stupid.

"Boys!" Demi chastised. We stopped and looked over at her. "I swear you two will be the death of me. Remember that Mason and Julia are coming over tomorrow. I want your rooms clean by then," She asked us.

Ethan groaned. "But Demi-" he was cut off by her look.

I had no protest. My room was almost always clean. Ethan on the other hand not so much. His everything was messy and he preferred it that way. I don't know how he ever found anything but that's Ethan for you.

Tonight was movie night. Every couple of weeks we scheduled a night when we watch movies and give Demi the night off. It worked in everyone's favor.

"I'm about to leave. Don't burn the house down when I'm gone," she said.

"Have fun tonight Demi," I told her and hugged her.

"Thanks, dear. You know you can call me if you need me. I'll be back tomorrow morning for breakfast," She waved and left the house.

Ethan got the popcorn and drinks ready while I set up the movie and the blankets. I decided on a favorite of ours, Grown ups. We watched it a lot as kids. Our mom loved watching Adam Sandler movies and she instilled that in us when we were young until she left when I was six and Ethan was four. We might have been a little bit young for some scenes but we didn't care. We just loved watching the movies with Mom.

"Are you ready?" I called back Ethan.

He came back a few seconds later somehow holding two bowls of popcorn, a big pack of M&Ms, and two drinks.

"You got it?" I asked and plopped down on the couch.

He glared at me and laughed sarcastically. "Jackass," he muttered.

"Asshole," I responded with a sweet smile.

He rolled his eyes and set the popcorn and everything down. I grabbed a handful of M&Ms and mixed it in with my popcorn. I will never eat it another way. Ethan thinks it's gross and eats it separately.

I started the movie and we relaxed as we watched a childhood favorite.

***

"Well if it isn't Mr. Quincy on time for once," Ms. Wells said as I walked into the classroom. I opted to ignore her.

"Hey Easton," a voice chirped as I sat down in my first-period English class. I looked up shocked to see the new girl smiling happily at me.

Did she not hear about me yesterday? Surely someone told her how bad of a person I am and to stay away from me if she doesn't want to get hurt. Is no one looking out for this girl?

I realized I hadn't answered her. "Hi," I answered shortly. It's better to disappoint her now and keep from hurting her. I couldn't let anybody in any way, not after Megan.

Apparently, this girl didn't get the memo. "How was your morning?" She asked.

"Good I guess," I answered. Seriously why did she care? No one ever cares especially about me. "I need a coffee," I found myself telling her.