16~ Trouble in Paradise

"God Ethan, won't you just leave it alone?" I heard Erin yell from upstairs as I was in the kitchen getting a snack.

"No, I'm not going to leave it alone. It's clearly bothering you. Why won't you just tell me who it is?" I heard Ethan yell and footsteps run down the stairs.

"It's none of your damn business. I told you I don't want to tell you. I can deal with it on my own," she yelled and walked out of the door, slamming it in the process.

I walked out of the kitchen and leaned against the wall. Ethan sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He turned around and caught sight of me. I took a bite of my sandwich and looked at the kid. He looked like a wreck, not a huge wreck maybe just a fender bender.

"Trouble in paradise?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Don't start with me, Jackass," he stormed off.

I followed after him and continued to eat my sandwich. "Hold up. I was just joking," I called after him. I caught him in the living room. "What happened?"

He sighed and took a seat on the couch. "We got into a fight," He started.

"That much is obvious," I said with a straight face. He glared at me. I put my hands up in defense. "Okay okay, please continue."

"We got into a fight because she wouldn't tell me who is coming to her house for Thanksgiving next week. She was so uncomfortable about it, but she wouldn't tell me who it was. I'm worried because I could tell she was uncomfortable about it. It's just that we're not gonna be here over Thanksgiving break and I don't want something to happen to her when I'm gone. Now she's mad at me."

I shrugged. "Maybe you shouldn't have pushed it," I offered.

"Are you kidding me? You can't say shit about not pushing things. You push shit all the time with everyone. You never let anything be, for example, right now. You couldn't leave me alone to deal with my own shit," He stood up from the couch angrily.

"Are you really putting this on me?" I asked in disbelief. "Just because your girlfriend is mad at you, doesn't give you the right to be mad at me."

"Yeah, I do because it's your fault I'm like this. You wonder where I get it from? It's you," He yelled at me. He tried to push past me to go back upstairs. I put a hand on his chest and pushed him back into the living room.

"Okay, so I'm not the best role model when it comes to this kind of stuff, but I do know that you should apologize to Erin. It doesn't have to be right now, but you need to apologize. That's the price of being like me," I said.

He rolled his eyes at me again. "I know I have to apologize. I'm just gonna leave her alone for today. Or I might go over for dinner or something."

I nodded. "Great, now what do you want to do today? I'm bored as hell."

He shrugged. "Beats me," he flopped on the couch and we decided to watch a movie or something. He fell asleep in the middle of it.

"Hey lover boy, you're going to Erin's house right?" I threw some pillows at him. He practically shot out of his seat.

"You're a jackass, you know that?" He asked and threw a pillow back at me.

I rested my hands behind my head. "Yep and you're an asshole, yet the world still spins."

He ran upstairs and came back a couple of minutes later with his keys and wallet and his hair slightly done. It was a mess but that was Ethan.

"What're you gonna do? Get her flowers and show up at her doorstep?" I questioned.