19~ Thanksgiving in Hawaii

I let Ash pay. It made her feel helpful. She didn't like that I paid for everything even though I had the money to spare.

Our skin was already a shade darker, Ethan's was two. Instead of ice cream, we decided to get Hawaiian snow cones. We ate it on a small patio table that looked over the boardwalk. There were kids and families with smiles on their faces and people taking pictures. It was everything I remembered it as.

My phone rang. I answered it assuming it was Mason or Julia until I was on the receiving end of my adopted father's screaming and yelling.

"I told you to be here this morning!" He yelled. "If your asses aren't here by tonight, I'm going to cancel your credit cards and you won't be able to do anything in damn Virginia," He screamed at me before hanging up the phone.

I sighed and set the phone down on the patio table. I ran a hand through my sandy hair.

"What's wrong? Is everything okay?" Ashtyn asked with worry evident on her face.

"Yeah, Nick just pisses me off," I said. "He said he was going to cancel our cards. I don't care because I got enough cash out for a month. He really thought I was stupid enough to show him exactly where we are. The bank would notify him if we started spending in Hawaii."

"Damn," Ethan responded.

"Let's get back to the hotel. We have to go to dinner soon," I suggested and stood up with my trash. Ash and Eth followed me and threw our trash away before leaving the snow cone place and starting the walk back to the hotel.

We might have gotten a little bit distracted.

"Come on East, please it will be fun," Ash begged me. "Ethan's doing it," She looked at me with beautiful brown eyes, opened wide begging me.
"No Ash, I said that you and Ethan can do it, but I'm not going to," I shook my head firmly.

"You already have a real one. Are you scared of a little fake one?" She teased.

I shook my head at her reasoning. "Ash just because it's a henna tattoo doesn't mean it's anything like getting a real tattoo," I laughed. I didn't know she realized I had a tattoo. It was a small Roman numeral date on my collarbone. She begged me again. "Okay fine."

I gave in. I couldn't say no to puppy dog eyes, especially hers.

Ash squealed happily and clapped her hands. She all but shoved me into the chair. Ethan was still getting his done. He got a sun on his forearm. Ash got a pattern on her hand and a hibiscus flower on her shoulder. I got a tribal pattern on my wrist.

After we finished and the people told us how to take care of them to last longer, we finally went back to the hotel. We grabbed some free watermelon samples and water on the way.

We were laughing at a joke Ethan said as we got to our floor. Mason and Julia happened to be outside of their door at the same time.

"Looks like you kids had fun today," Mason chuckled.

"We did. Hawaii is beautiful," Ashtyn gushed and wrapped her arms around her uncle. "Thank you." She kissed his cheek.

"You're welcome, Ash. We're going out to dinner tonight. Be ready by six," He announced and went into their room. Julia gave us hugs before doing the same.

It was time for my second run of the day. I changed into my running clothes.

"You're going on another run?" Ash asked as she flopped in the bed from exhaustion. The sun took a lot of energy out of you. She'll probably take a nap before getting ready.

"Two a day, everyday," I confirmed and double checked that I had everything. I ran out of the hotel room and out of the door to return to the beach for the third time today. I decided to go shirtless because of the heat.