23~ Day of Dumbass

"I'm sorry, you did what?" Ash asked in complete shock. I wished she was in person so I could see her face. I facetimed her. She answered immediately and I may have started laughing at the look on her face. "Easton Hunter Quincy," she chastised me.

I stopped laughing at the mention of my full name. "Ashtyn Danielle Briggs," I mimicked her.

She groaned in frustration. She doesn't like her middle name. "So what did he do? What's your punishment?"

I scoffed. "Punishment? My punishment was listening to him yell and complain and then they sent us to our rooms. Wanna come over?"

"Come over?" She questioned. "You're in trouble, I can't come over. Besides, didn't you see enough of me this morning?"

I smirked. "I don't know about that but you surely saw enough of me," I winked.

She groaned again. "Shut up, that was horrifying," she whined.

I couldn't help but laugh at her. "It was a joke, Ash. But seriously, come over. We can watch a movie and you can probably steal another hoodie or something because I know you like that."

"I never said I liked it. I spilled something last time and you gave me your flannel."

"Put on your shoes and get over here."

"Okay bye," she said playfully and hung up the phone.

It took about ten minutes for Ash to get here. Demi answered the door and I met her there.

"Who the hell is that?" Nick bellowed. "You're grounded you little shit you can't have people over."

"Try me, asshole," I flipped him off and led Ash to my room.

She turned to me immediately and smacked my arm. I instinctively pulled away and rubbed it.

"Ow," I pouted.

"Oh boo hoo. You told me you weren't in trouble," She said.

I shrugged. "Technically he never said I was grounded. Besides, he can't ground me anyway. He's not the boss of me."

"Okay grumpy pants calm down, let's watch a movie like you promised me," She flopped on my bed. I followed her with the remote in hand. I gave it to her to choose a movie. I laid down next to her. After she picked the movie, we got more comfortable.

It started to get late after one movie but we watched another one. My arm ended up around her waist.  Ash's head fell on my shoulder but I knew she wasn't asleep. I looked over at her and our lips were centimeters apart. A weird part of me wanted to kiss her just to see what her lips felt like on mine. She leaned in slightly as her eyes fell closed.

"Ash," I whispered.

Her eyes opened again. "Hmm," she hummed softly.

"Can you stay the night?" I asked her.

"East," she started to protest. She tried to move but I held her close.

"Please Ash, stay," I begged her. I don't know what made me want her to stay so bad. Probably the same thing that made me want to kiss her. I want her close to me and I don't want her warmth to leave.

She ran a hand through my hair. "Okay, East, I'll stay."

With that being said, I stood up and grabbed something in my dresser. I tossed them at her. It was a shirt and some shorts that were too small for me. I think they were Ethan's old ones.

She went and changed and we got back in my bed. Yes, there were several other options for rooms in this house, but I'd rather have her stay with me.

She turned to face me. "Goodnight Easton," she said softly and placed a kiss on my forehead.