4~ Parent-Teacher Meeting Without the Parent

"Easton Quincy to the principal's office. Easton Quincy to the principal's office." They called my name over the loudspeaker.

"What's that about?" Ashtyn asked me in government.

I shrugged and grabbed my things. I walked out of class and into the office. I met with the school secretary, Mrs. Gonzales.

"You can go right in, Easton," she informed me.

I opened the door to his office to find Ethan slouched in a chair with a black eye, staring grumpily at Mr. Creed.

"What the hell happened?" I asked, referring to Ethan's black eye.

"Easton, please take a seat," Mr. Creed said and motioned to the seat next to Ethan.

"I would like to know what happened and why I'm here," I snapped.

Mr. Creed folded his hands together and looked at the two of us. I looked over at Ethan for some sort of clue as to what was going on. Obviously, the kid got into a fight.

"Seeing as though your parents are out of town and no one else is picking up at the house, you have been called in for Ethan's unacceptable behavior." Mr. Creed stated. "Let's get this thing started shall we."

"What happened?" I asked calmly.

"Ethan got into a fight with another kid during gym class today," Creed started. Okay, that was pretty obvious.

"Okay and?" I asked.

Creed looked shocked at me. "That kind of behavior is unacceptable. I'm not sure how your parents run your house, but here, in my house. fighting is inappropriate no matter the circumstances."

"Circumstances? What sort of circumstances?" I asked.

"Well, he was defending a student who was...disturbed by the student he had an altercation with," He chose his words wisely. I could feel the anger bubbling up inside of me. If he was defending another student then why is he getting in trouble and not the other kid?

"When I asked what happened, I expected the whole story. Not the bits and pieces that make Ethan out to be the bad guy. I want to know what happened."

"It was reported that a student, let's just say, couldn't handle the rejection and made some bad decisions which led to Ethan picking a fight with him."

It was my turn to look shocked at Creed. Ethan was getting in trouble for another kid being a jackass. "Excuse me, Mr. Creed, are you saying that Ethan is getting in trouble for another kid's wrong actions? How is this fair?"

"Two wrongs don't make a right, Mr. Quincy. What Ethan did was against school policy. Since this has occurred twice this semester and he has already served detention for it, we have no choice but to suspend Ethan for three days. He will be able to return on Friday."

"Suspended?" I asked. "This is bullshit!" I raised my voice.

Creed leaned back in his chair, appalled by my language. "Excuse me, Mr. Quincy, that is highly inappropriate language and I will not have it thrown at me in that way."

"You're telling me that Ethan is being suspended because he did a good thing. He defended another student from a bully who couldn't handle it themselves."

"It doesn't matter. Ethan is getting suspended and can return on Friday morning. You have been well informed of this whether you agree with it or not, Mr. Quincy. I am not obliged to keep you here any longer. Please leave and take Ethan home for the remainder of the day," Mr. Creed said and turned to his computer with a particular pout.