10~ A Little Party Never Killed Anybody

"What are you boys doing today?" Demi asked Saturday morning. Ethan and I slept in way more than usual. It was twelve and we woke up less than ten minutes ago. I guess we needed it after the week we had. It was pretty draining.

I don't think either of us had any plans or wanted to do much of anything.

"Nothing hopefully," I said as I made myself a sandwich.

"Do you want me to make lunch?" She asked.

I shook my head. I was perfectly content with my sandwich. Ethan shook his head as well and grabbed something out of the fridge.

I went back up to my room and flopped on my bed. I turned on 13 Reasons Why. I wasn't planning on doing much of anything today.

Three episodes later my phone buzzed. I looked at it to reveal a text from Ash.

Ash

Wryd today?

Me

Lazy day wbu?

Ash

There's a party later wanna come?

I don't want to go alone

Not like I had any other plans.

Me

I'm down

When and where?

Ash

Tyler Klein's house @ 8

Me

See you there

I don't talk to Tyler, but I know who he is. Everyone who goes to our school knows who Tyler Klein is. He was the party animal, the player, the one with the best parties. It was his party where everything went down two years ago. I haven't been to a party since.

It was only two-thirty. I had a while before the party started. Tyler's parties always ran until at least two in the morning and quite a few people end up staying all night after crashing drunk or high out of their minds.

I was bored of 13 Reasons Why and turned that off. I walked back downstairs and I could hear something playing in the living room. I walked in there to find Ethan sitting on the couch pigging out on snacks.

"Hey, what're you doing?" I asked and sat on the couch next to him. I threw a couple of pieces of popcorn in my mouth.

"What does it look like I'm doing, dumbass," He asked sarcastically.

"Wanna go to a party tonight with me and Ash?" I asked him as I took another handful of popcorn.

I could feel him staring at me as I looked at the tv screen. It was the episode Ross finds out about Monica and Chandler. I turned my head for more popcorn. Ethan's jaw was practically on the floor. I closed it for him and tried to grab a handful of popcorn. He snatched the bowl away from me.

"What?" I asked, though I already knew what this was about.

"You are going to a party?" He asked in disbelief.

I shrugged. "Yeah, why not?"

"Where is it?" He asked.

"Tyler's house," I answered nonchalantly.

His eyes bulged out of their sockets. "Okay let me get this straight. You're going to a party for the first time in two years and out of all places, it's at Tyler Klein's house? Are you fucking stupid?" He asked.