5~ Football Game or Stupid Shit? Same Thing

Tuesday was an experience, to say the least. Nick and Viki came back. Ethan and I got our asses chewed out. I rolled my eyes and didn't care for a single word Nick yelled. I felt bad Ashtyn had to witness it all. I just wanted to leave the whole time.

I walked through the halls with a scowl on my face. Nick and Viki tend to put a damper on my already sour mood. The only time it alleviates is at lunch when I don't have to worry about anything.

"Hey East," Ash said as she sat down in her usual spot across from me.

"Hi, Ash" I greeted as normal.

"You going to the football game tonight?" She asked with a smile on her face.

I immediately shook my head. There was no way in hell that I would go watch Mullins and his goons flab around like idiots on a football field. It was so dumb. "I never go"

She furrowed her brow and pouted. "Why not?" she asked.

"I don't want to watch Mullins get an even bigger head. Besides football is stupid," I took a bite of whatever the school thought was chicken.

"It's not stupid" She argued. "I love watching football. Me and Mase used to go watch games all the time. Come on you need a good high school football game experience. Please go with me?" She begged.

"And you think you can give me the experience of a lifetime?" I asked with a slight tease in my voice.

She nodded.

"Hey Jackass," Ethan greeted as he sat in his normal spot. Erin soon followed behind with her camera bag in hand. It was his first day back after suspension. He spent three glorious days in front of the tv.

"Always a pleasure, Asshole," I smiled at him.

He looked at Erin and looked back over at me. I could tell he was about t ask me something, but I didn't know what to expect.

"Can I go to the football game tonight?" He asked with a worried expression. I knew he was scared I was going to say no.

My jaw almost dropped to the floor. He hates the games almost as much as me. He never wants to go. He hates Mullins.

"You want to go?" I couldn't help but ask.

He nodded. "Yeah. Why not? Everyone goes to the games."

"Yeah, I guess if you want to go you can," I shrugged.

He looked over at Erin and smiled. I looked over at her and realized it wasn't the football game he wanted to watch.

I looked over at Ash who gave me puppy-dog eyes. I furrowed my brows at her.

"What?" I asked slowly, scared of what she was doing.

"Go to the game. Ethan's going and now you have no excuse. Please?" She begged.

She's right I don't have an excuse, but I was never gonna use one. I couldn't resist her puppy-dog eyes. They were extremely convincing.

I sighed in defeat. "Okay. Fine, I'll go, but don't expect me to cheer for them" I grumbled and crossed my arms.

"You're so dramatic" Ash teased.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Whatever"

I couldn't believe I actually agreed to go to a football game. Stupid Ethan, if it wasn't for him wanting to go Ashtyn wouldn't have ever convinced me. I shouldn't have fallen for the puppy dog eyes. Ash squealed happily and talked about how much fun it was going to be.

***

I pulled into the football field parking lot. I let out an involuntary groan as I saw all the cheerleaders warming up, Megan amongst them. Ethan bolted out of the car as soon as he could. I'd wager he went to find Erin. I swear that boy is whipped.