24~ The Most Horrible Time of the Year

"Ugh," Ash sighed in frustration as she looked at the mess of notes and books on her bed.

We were at her house studying for finals, well at least she was studying. I was supposed to be helping her and quizzing her.

I had shoved all my nonexistent feelings aside and continued being her best friend. She was my best friend and I was okay with that. It was never anything more than that and it never will be.

"Take a break, Ash. You'll be okay," I told her as I scrolled through my phone at her desk.

"You've been taking a break this entire time and it's not like you need to study. You are the smartest person I know. You never study and somehow you remember everything," she groaned.

I shrugged. "I guess I'm just that awesome," I teased her.

She sent a glare in my direction.

"Come one, get up," I told her. She sent me a questioning look. "Get up and get your shoes on," I told her again.

She got up and reluctantly did as I said. "Where are we going?" She asked me.

"For a break," I told her. "Mason, we're going out for a little bit, don't worry I'm driving," I told Mason as we passed through the living room. He hates her driving in the snow and I hate riding in someone's car.

He nodded and I led Ash out to my car. She got in the front seat. I pulled out of the driveway and made my way to the cafe. It was arguably the best place to get gingerbread cookies and hot chocolate during Christmas.

I ordered Ash the peppermint mocha hot chocolate, her favorite, a gingerbread cookie before ordering myself a hot chocolate and gingerbread cookie.

Once our food came out, Ally and Tyler walked in the cafe. Ash lit up with excitement. Before they saw us, Tyler put his hand on the small of Ally's back. Ash turned towards me with lightning speed.

"Did you see that?" She excitedly grabbed my arm and shook it.

"What? His hand? That's nothing," I said. It was nothing to be excited about. She's told me several times that she wanted Ally and Tyler to date. I'm with her and I think it's gonna happen at some point, but I'm not going to jump to conclusions based on a hand placement.

She rolled her eyes. "You don't get it, stupid boy," Ash caught Ally's attention and they came over to sit with us.

"Hey man what's up?" Tyler asked and sat down.

"Nothing much, you?"

He shook his head in answer.

The girls were already talking a mile a minute. "Easton dragged me out of my study session because apparently I need a break," Ash told Ally dramatically.

"Apparently? Ash, you were on the edge of a mental breakdown. You needed a break," I said and rested my arm on the booth behind Ash.

"Oh whatever," she brushed me off.

Tyler and Ally sat with us and we talked about Christmas break and the girls listed all the things they wanted to do and they're plans for Christmas. We were there for about an hour or so before we all decided it was time to get back to what we were doing.

"Okay back to the house, East. I really need to study, especially for Government."

"I think you'll be just fine," I threw my hand in its normal spot around her shoulders as I walked her out to the car. I, of course, opened the door for her. She thanked me and I went to my side. I drove us back to her house and stayed for dinner, after Julia forced me to.