3~ The Wicked Bitch of the West

Ethan was quiet the next morning. He angrily grabbed the plate that Demi gave him. He had a glare on his face directed at me as he ate his breakfast. He was mad at me for snapping at him yesterday and he didn't deserve it. He had every right to be mad at me. He was just worried about me and I snapped at him. It wasn't fair.

"No run this morning dear?" Demi asked me and handed me a plate.

"Not this morning," I answered. "Can you give us a minute please?" I asked. She nodded and walked out of the kitchen. "I'm sorry for snapping at you last night. You didn't deserve it." I apologized and sat next to him.

"Damn right," he said and stared at his plate as he ate his food.

Here we go.

"Ethan, look at me," I ordered.

He continued to stare off. He was pissed and had every right to be. I was a dick last night. I was half tempted to tear the food away from him, that wouldn't help the situation. We tend to be hot-headed.

"Ethan I said I'm sorry. I admitted I was a dick. What more do you want from me?"

"You know exactly what I want from you! I've only been asking you the same thing for two years!" He yelled at me.

"If you think I'm going to sit in front of a shrink and release my inhibitions, you got another thing coming" I yelled back.

He stood up angrily. "Then tell Mason, tell Demi, tell Julia, tell somebody that isn't your fifteen-year-old brother who doesn't know anything! I'm tired of keeping your secret. I'm tired of being the only one who knows. I don't know how to deal with it and it" He softened up. "It scares me," he admitted.

Nothing ever scared the kid. He was fearless, besides our father he was never afraid of anything. He would do almost anything if you asked. That's where his smart-ass mouth comes in and gets him in trouble.

"Okay okay. I'll tell somebody, I promise" I told him. "Come on, let's get to school."

We got our stuff and went to school. I almost forgot it was Friday. Friday meant football. Football meant that Sam and his goons will be extra cocky all day long. This is gonna be a long day.

"Hey Qunicy, coming to the game tonight?" Sam asked. "Oh wait I forgot no dogs allowed." He laughed with Alex and Tucker.

"How long did it take you to come up with that one?" I asked and walked past him.

I could practically sense the anger radiating off of him as I walked by.

"I was actually referring to that puppy of a brother following your every move" He called after me.

I stopped in my tracks. I balled my fist. I could hear his annoying laugh from ten feet away. No one insults my brother like that. I knew he was just trying to get under my skin and it worked. I strode over to him and grabbed him by his shirt.

"Listen here asshole. You talk shit about my brother and I will kick your ass." I said lowly in his ear. "I'm going to walk away and I hear one more lame-ass remark, I will take a baseball bat and I will smash in all your windows to your car, understand?"

He nodded with wide eyes and raised eyebrows. He loved that almost as much as he loved himself.

I let go of his shirt and walked away. He didn't say another thing, nor did his friends laugh. I noticed all of the people around looking between me and Sam. They were probably wondering the same thing, what the hell just happened?

I walked to class to find Ashtyn sitting in her seat as normal. She was always here early. I assume he left with Mason, or in her car a little bit later. I don't think I could ever show up that early unless it's after a morning practice. That's not until track season starts.