22~ The Game Plan

"Where's Ethan?" Mason asked.

"He's at Erin's tonight, please Mason. Just for a couple of days until they leave again," I begged Mason if I could stay in the guest room.

Mason dragged a hand down his face. "Okay fine. You can stay for tonight. We will talk about this again tomorrow." I knew that meant I was getting my ass chewed out tomorrow, but he was too tired to deal with me right now.

"Thanks, Mason," I said. "You won't regret it," I told him.

He waved me off and went to his room. Julia hugged and kissed me and Ash goodnight before following Mason to their room. I turned to Ash and she immediately wrapped her arms around my neck. I hugged her back. It was late and I wanted to go to bed and by the look on her face and yawn coming from her mouth, Ash did too.

"Come on, let's get to bed," I slightly pushed her hips toward the two rooms.

"I have your hoodie still if you'd feel more comfortable in that."

"It's okay. Goodnight, Ash."

"Goodnight, East," She smiled and backed into her room and I went into the guest bedroom.

I have only been in this room a handful of times, but I have never once slept in here. We'd always go back to the house before we fell asleep. The only times I had been in here were to help Julia with her sewing stuff or help Mason grab something from the closet. This had always been the second guest room because Ashtyn's room was bigger. It mainly got used for storage and a second room when Christmas rolled around.

I took off my jeans and my shirt before climbing into bed. It was comfortable and Julia did a good job decorating the bed and the room.

***

There was a soft knock at my door, disturbing my sleep. "Go away, Ethan," I yelled. It was weird Ethan was never up before me. I always was up and running, literally, when he even stirred in his sleep before waking up.

"Easton, It's Ash," She said, but it was clearer as if she was closer and not behind the door.

I sat up slowly. My surroundings were different, but then the memories of last night came back to me as my eyes adjusted to the lights.

"Morning," I groaned and stood up completely. I heard a squeal of embarrassment and looked over at Ash who was hiding her bright red face with her hands. I looked down and realized I had only slept in my underwear. "Sorry," I apologized and quickly pulled my jeans on. I laughed when her hands stayed glued to her face. "Ash, you can uncover your eyes now, I'm dressed."

She reluctantly and slowly pulled her hands away from her still-closed eyes. She peeked through one eye as I slid my shirt over my head. She opened the other one when she saw I was fully clothed.

"I just came to tell you that breakfast is ready," she said shyly with a still very pink shade on her cheeks.

"I'll be in there soon," I told her and she left the room. I was itching for a run, but I didn't have any of my running gear. No shoes. No shorts. No music.

I went into the kitchen and Mason was drinking coffee at the table and Ash was helping Julia with the breakfast. "Good morning, sweetie," Julia smiled sweetly at me.

"Morning," I said and grabbed a cup of coffee for myself. I liked my coffee black. I sat at the table and the girls brought over the food.

We ate breakfast and talked about school and work and all the little things in our lives. It wasn't until breakfast was over and Mason and I got stuck washing dishes that I was dreading. I knew he was about to chew me out for running out on Nick.