15~ Ashtyn Might Have Some Explaining to Do

Demi was back from Vermont and I was quite happy about that. Nothing has quite been the same since she left. I had my morning shake and it was delicious as always.

"I missed you, Demi," I said and kissed her cheek.

"No you just missed my food," she teased. 

That morning's run was very light. I decided not to shower since I barely sweated. I changed into my normal t-shirt and jeans. Nothing out of the ordinary.

"Hey Jackass, I'm going with you today," Ethan told me as he tossed an apple in the air and caught it. Demi smacked him for cussing, but it was no use.

"Why? You have your own car," I pointed out.

He just shrugged.

"Well whether you're riding together or not, you should go before you're late," Demi said.

We bid her goodbye before leaving. I looked over at Ethan in the passenger seat. It's been empty for a while and it almost feels weird that he filled it. "What do you want?" I asked him as we pulled up to a red light.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he lied and looked out the window.

"Curb the shit, Asshole. I know you don't want to ride with me for the hell of it, so spit it out. Say or ask what you want," I said and drove when the light turned green.

"I noticed you and Ash have been a little awkward the past few days. Something happened the day I went to Erin's, didn't it?"

I nodded. The kid's a lot smarter than he looks, that's for sure. Ever since that night I just didn't know what to say to her. I thought she would've left by now, most people do. I haven't had anybody really stay after finding out, which they normally did on their own. They saw the scars and put two and two together.

"What did you do?" He asked me.

"What makes you think I did anything wrong?" I asked offendedly.

He just shrugged. "Answer the question."

"She saw my back. She saw my scars." I answered curtly. "She was worried about me. Then she touched one and I flipped and grabbed her wrist. I backed away before I could hurt her, but before I did, I felt the same thing I did when I hit Luke. I blacked out for a second and I had no control. Then I backed away and everything happened, but she never left. So yeah it's been awkward because no one has seen me like that other than you and I don't know how to make it not awkward," I admitted.

"Wow," was the only word out of his mouth as I pulled into my parking spot.

"Great advice," I muttered under my breath.

"Want advice? Talk to her. I don't know, straighten things out. That's how you make it less awkward," he said and got out of the car. 

Life advice from my fifteen-year-old brother. My life has hit an all time low.

I walked into school, early for once, thanks to Demi. Erin, Ethan, and Ashtyn were huddled together talking when I walked up.

"Hey ladies," I said. "Just so you know, Eth, included you," I teased. He rolled his eyes at me.

"Hey Quincy, party at my house tonight, you're all invited," Tyler called as he passed our group in the hall. "Ally too."

"I'm sure she probably already knows," I said, too quiet for him to hear as he threw invitations at people in the hall.

Ash laughed, knowing it was probably accurate. The bell rang and Ethan walked Erin to class. Me and Ash walked to Ms. Wells' class.

It was awkwardly quiet.