18~ Life's a Beach

After another long plane ride, a thirty-minute wait for our luggage, and a forty-minute drive, we finally made it to the hotel. Mason checked in for us as we got all of the stuff out of the rental car.

Mason handed me the keys to our room. I didn't know the rooming situation since Ash was here. Normally, it would be me and Ethan in one room and Mason and Julia in another one. I looked at Mason questioningly.

"Julia and I will have our own room. You three will share. I trust you completely, but if anything happens to Ashtyn, you will answer to me," Mason threatened.

I nodded firmly. "Yes sir."

I took the room keys and the five of us took the elevator to our floor. Mason and Julia's room ended up just down the hall from ours.

We planned on going out to dinner tonight but I just wanted to take a nap. I had a couple of hours so I decided to run off my jet lag. Of course, it wouldn't be as long as my morning one the next day, but I had to skip out on my regular one this morning.

I got into the hotel and changed into some running clothes.

"You're going on a run?" Ash asked.

I nodded. "I'll be back in thirty minutes or longer," I told her and Ethan before grabbing the extra key and taking it with me.

I got out of the hotel and started on a jog around the area. I breathed in the Hawaiian air. The air just felt different here. It felt cleaner and free. The sun shined brighter and hotter. Running here always felt like a dream.

I rounded back to the hotel and I had worked up a sweat, which is unnatural for me in thirty minutes. I went back up to the hotel room to see Ash on her phone and Ethan passed out on one of the beds.

"How was your run?" Ashtyn asked once she noticed I walked in.

"Hot as hell. I'm going to go take a shower," I informed her and walked into the bathroom. I turned on the shower and waited for it to warm up. I took off my shirt and noticed my scars in the mirror. Just looking at them made me angry. I still don't understand how Ash didn't leave as soon as she saw them or how she wasn't disgusted by them as much as I was. It's a miracle she still willingly hangs around me.

I jumped out of my trance and got in the shower. It took ten minutes for me to complete my shower. I got out and dried off. I realized that Ashtyn was also in our room and I didn't bring any clothes to change into. I wrapped the towel around my waist.

I walked over to my suitcase hoping she wouldn't notice. It's not like she hasn't seen me shirtless before.

"East-" the words died off her lips as I'm sure she caught me in nothing but a towel. I turned to find her mouth agape as she stared at me. Suddenly, she snapped her mouth shut and covered her eyes as if she was knocked out of a trance.

"I'm sorry. I forgot to get clothes before getting in the shower," I apologized.

She put a pillow over her face and lay on her back, facing the ceiling. I hear a muffled "you're okay" come from the pillow. I grabbed the rest of my stuff, apologized again, changed, and walked back out. Ash was in the same position I left her in.

I chuckled. "Ash, it's okay. I'm fully clothed now," I said and took the pillow off of her face. I leaned over her head and smiled down at her. Our bodies were in opposite directions. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, promise," She smiled up at me. 

"Let's be honest, Ash. We both know you enjoyed the view," I winked at her jokingly. She gasped and hit my shoulder.

"Easton Quincy," She scolded.

I pushed myself over to the side and turned to where I was laying next to her. "What? I was just joking," I defended myself.