9. A LIGHT UNIQUELY YOURS~

Ignore the mistakes and enjoy reading! 📚 😊
____________________________

While for the first time after the college, today hm was taking glimpse of ks, without anyone's knowledge most probably out of guilt or may be something within her was not letting her sit calm.

Hm was distracted somewhere.
____________________________

"Hamare bete ne aisi bhi kya galti kr di thi khuda ki use apne paas bula liya aapne", said ammi while wailing.

Aabid's body was lying in the center of the hall while hm was sitting right beside him all numbed and zoned out. She was just breathing and a continuous trail of tears were flowing from her eyes. She was not able to comprehend anything at that moment, all she felt at that moment was a sheer pain in her heart. She remembered how she wanted to go with Aabid when they were taking his body for his last rites. But other ladies in the house didn't let her go and the next moment she felt herself passing out.

"Doctor sahab ab sirf hamari beti hi hamare jeene ka sahara h, ise kuch hoga to nhi na?", hm heard ammi asking the doctor while gaining consciousness.

The doctor said," achanak hue is hadse ki wajah se ye mentally stable nhi kr pa rhi h khud ko, inhe is trauma se nikalne ke liye thora waqt dijiye aur ha inke khane peene ka bhi dhyan rakhiyega, taaki ye ache se aur jaldi recover kr ske."

Hm was lying in the bed with slightly open eyes and was hearing everything though ammi and doc were having this piece of chit chat outside the room, still in this long spread silence in the hawali, it was all clear to come to her ears.

Days passed like that, guests who've came to enjoy the wedding left the haweli after attending the funeral of the groom, the most devastating thing anyone could ever imagine of. Hm was recovering from her traumatized state but at a much slower pace than expected. It seemed as if with Aabid she has lost her willingness to live. She was losing interest in life which others became aware of when they found out ks screaming for help from HM's room.
____________________________

Ks was seeing her wound and was thinking of the moment when the man threw scissors at hm and the reflexes she shown today was maybe new to others but for her it was that after Aabid and just for Aabid she has to save HM's life despite of her own unlikeness.

And this drew back KS's memory to the time when everyone was sitting in the hall and easing each other's pain while hm was alone in her room to take rest.

"Karu, ek baar jaakr haseena beti ko dekh lo ki wo theek se to h na, kisi cheez ki jaroorat to nhi h use.", said singh sahab to ks, to which she just nodded and left upstairs to check out on hm.

Ks remembers how she reached to the room's door and how even after knocking for several times hm didn't responded, so finally, she silently stepped in intending not to disturb hm.

But the room was pitch dark, nothing was clearly visible, while taking little steps ks called out HM's name a few times but she was startled with a sound of glass bottle rolling down the floor. She found something wrong so she immediately turned the lights on and unfortunately her guts were correct today day. She found Hm, gradually loosing her consciousness, ks hurriedly picked up the bottle and found it were the sleeping pills prescribed by the doctor for her, which she has all gulped down just then. Ks threw the bottle and went near hm, patted her cheeks asking if she was listening her but got no response from hm. All hm did was to smile with her teary eyes and then there she blacked out, again.

Ks shouted at the top of her voice alarming other's and within a drop of the hat hm was given medical attention which she required and so was her life saved.