(02)Take My Breath Away(02)

It was the next morning at school, I noticed Eddie wasn't in class, which confused me. He never missed any classes. Neither did Chrissy. I couldn't pay attention, that was all that was on my mind. I was thinking a lot about what I said to Eddie yesterday, what he said to me. We hated eachother, but I knew what I said was so far. I hated Eddie for how annoying he was, but sometimes admired his way of being. How he didn't give a shit, how he could be himself easily.

When the bell got dismissed, I got up and made my way to the cafeteria where I took my seat next to Patrick. "Jason..where's Chrissy.." Jason shrugged his shoulder and then continued talking to the cheerleader next to him. My legs beggining to shake. She went to Eddie's house yesterday.

Once school was over, Dustin offered for me to go with him to family video along with Max. They explained why on the way there. "What do you mean..you saw Eddie run out the trailer..n-not with Chrissy..are y-you sure." Max nodded. "S-So that dead..student..was Chrissy" Tears started to fall down my cheeks, my eyes getting puffy. I was just crying as we were walking. Dustin pat my shoulder frowning. "We know how much you loved her Y/n..I know how much she meaned to you" Max said, holding my hand.

I wondered if Eddie had killed her, but yet the two beside me were convinced he hadn't. When we arrived to family video, Steve and Robin were confused why I was there. "Uh hi Y/n.." Steve and Robin said in union. I gulped. The only time we ever spoke was when we defeated the mindflayer together. We hadn't spoken since then. I gave an awkward smile through my tears. I was terrified, how could such a lovely girl die. She was everything, I was jealous of Chrissy sometimes..how she was so perfect. I knew she had her problems but I always wanted to be her.

Dustin and Max started calling everyone on the phones Robin and Steve had lent them. Now Robin came to speak to me, trying to comfort me after telling her what happened. I looked at Robin. "Why are you being so nice to me..I was an asshole to you Robin.." I said through the croak in my voice. "Because I know you're different from those basketball douches, let's be honest you only did that to look good in front of Jason." I bit my lip, trying my best to hold back my sobs but I ended up letting it all out bringing Robin into a hug.

"I'm so sorry for everything Robin seriously!" Steve smiled at me, giving me a thumbs up. I smiled at Steve and sighed. God I really needed new friends. "Rick Lipton!" Dustin yelled out and there he was pulling me and Robin out the store as Steve locked up. Of course Steve was gonna drive. By now the sun was setting. We were flashing our lights by the little cabin by lovers lake. This lake was my favorite place to hangout.

We rustled through the sticks and Robin threw a rock to the glass above the door causing me to jump. Robin easily unlocked it from the inside and opened the door. "My lady" Robin said bowing, allowing me to go forward. "Why thank you great sire!" I held a hand over my chest as I walked in grabbing an oar starting to poke the boat with the carefully layed blue plastic over it. "That's it Y/n will strike Eddie with her oar if he's there!" Dustin said, earning a nudge from Steve. "Shut it Henderson." Steve said. "Yeah shut i-" I was cut off by Eddie practically pouncing on me and pinning me to the wall, pocket knife to my neck.

"Oh my god oh my god!" I started panicking. "EDDIE Eddie woah woah!" Dustin said. Eddie looked around, holding the knife closer to my throat. "We're here to help..these are my friends! That's Steve..that's uh Max! The one who didn't wanna play dnd..and that's Robin! From band" Robin made a little music sound making me giggle but I soon shut up when Eddie glared at me. "What's she doing here..trying to rat me out to her little..basketball guys!" I shook my head, trying my best to stay calm with a knife inches away from slashing my throat. "We're here to help! Swear on my mother." Dustin dropped the flash light carefully.

"S-Swear on Dustin's mother p-please let me go Eddie I know we hate eachother but I don't wanna go out dying to a freak!" I said, opening one eye to see he had released the knife from my neck. We all sat down around Eddie as he started explaining. "It was like..she wasn't there..i tried to wake her up..I did! Then she started floating..she she..just..she then started..u-uhm..her bones started cracking..her jaw unhinged and her eyeballs blasted to the back of her head..I couldn't do anything..so I just ran..I left her there like a coward.." Eddie was sweating, terrified.

I was sobbing into my hands, it wasn't easy hearing that. "We believe you..Eddie" Dustin said. "Oh don't bullshit me man I know how this sounds!" Eddie yelled, making me jump a little. "I-I can't believe C-Chrissy..d-died like that." I couldn't even say it properly, I lifted my face from my hands looking at Eddie who for once in years stared at me with sympathy. "You k-know..Chrissy had a c-crush on you..she told me that day..when she came back from the woods..corroded coffin and s-shit.." I said, smiling. "You know..she c-could not stop talking about you..how sick your hair was..h-how she loved that stupid little pig ring on your finger." Eddie payed attention to every detail I rambled about.

It was like we forgot everyone was there for a second. "S-She..was so nice to everyone..even you..freak" I said. Even if I hated Eddie. I suddenly hated him a little less. Eddie was holding back a tear, but it just fell anyway. "Tell him everything Y/n" Max furrowed her eyebrows and I nodded.

So I did, I told him everything about the demogorgans, to the demodogs and to the mindflayer, Eleven and as much as I knew about the lab. The others helped fill in the gaps.

--

"Y/n you have to stay the night, in case someone comes round. Please do us this favor." Robin pleaded and I said yes, though they could all see me holding back. As they left, I was sat there in an uncomfortable silence. I was still quietly sobbing to myself until I felt Eddie's hand on my back. "Eddie get off of me..I still h-hate you.." Eddie groaned. "I know you do..but here take this." Eddie handed me his shirt, I stared at the tattoo right below his neck. "Put that back on, I'm not letting you be shirtless." I said sternly. "That has to be uncomfortable, jeez all these years you complain about me being a piece of shit and once nice thing I try and do and you shout at me!".

I pushed the shirt to his chest. "I think I preffered it when you didn't do nice things! I wish it was you instead of Chrissy!" I knew I took it to far, because I didn't want that..at all. Eddie grabbed my wrist. "Shut up.." Eddie was on the verge of tears. "Just shut you're mouth for once Y/n! Please for one time..shut that mouth of yours." Eddie was struggling to keep it together. "I-I hate you so much.." I sobbed as he brought me into a hug. Eddie was tense, I knew he only did it to make me feel better and suprisingly..it did.

I heard Eddie crying now, his heart beating faster than ever.