(07)I Didn't Run Eddie!(07)

It was morning, we were all around Eddie's dining table making up a plan. "Okay let me get this straight Max you are going to risk your life to put Vecna in a trance..Eddie's going to play on his guitar, I have to be in the trailer and just stand there to make sure by any god forsaken miracle the rope falls and these four are going to the Creel House to attack Vecna?..And there's a potential of me dieing along with Max since there's four chimes or whatever" Robin nodded slowly. "Alright..guess we need a vehicle now, the weapons we could make are all here. Erica, Lucas and Max you carry those" Nancy said as she pointed to the scattered spears and garbage lid shields.

"Well I have us a ride..." Eddie said looking at Steve, I raised a brow. "You, have a car?" Steve asked, hint of suprise in his tone. "Well It's not exactly a car Harrington"

--

"EDDIE WHEN YOU SAID CAR I THOUGHT YOU MEANT SOMETHING THAT WASN'T ROBBING SOMEONES HOUSE!" I yelled as he held onto me, Steve was speeding down the road. I looked up at him, wide eyed. "Guess I'm really living up to that Munson name aren't I sweetheart?" Eddie smirked and we both sat down. "For the like fifth time don't call me sweetheart and stop being such a tease we only kissed once." I rolled my eyes as I stared at Dustin who was looking at us "Well you guys seem ready for bat-tle" Dustin smiled, I looked back at Eddie then at Dustin. "Get it..bat-tle cause the bats..you know nevermind..I thought that was actually pretty good" Dustin scoffed. "God I love this kid" I smiled at Eddie who nodded. "I brought him up well I know" Steve yelled from the front "No, I did!"

I giggled and brought Eddie into a hug, resting my head on his chest, his heart beating as fast as humanly possible. I looked at him and he looked down at me smiling. "God you are..so beautiful" Eddie said, it was like he was studying my face, taking in all my features. "You aren't so bad yourself Eddie Munson." Dustin and Max made a gagging sound which made me laugh a little. We stopped at the store. "We'll be right back, stay here." I got up and got out the caravan running into the store and immediately picking out a gun. I was going to cut the end off an shotgun just like Nancy told me to.

I grabbed a few other essentials and went to go pay and get some bullets until I felt a hand grab my wrist and the shotgun. "Well well Y/n Wheeler what a pleasent suprise, what are you doing here" Jason said, my body tensed and I immedietaly felt my knees go weak. "What are you doing with a gun like that.." Jason smiled, but the malice behind his eyes told me he was up to no good. "Let go Jason.." Is the only words I could make out. "Is he here..?" I was angry now. "Mike...?" Jason nodded and I shook my head no. "Now will you let go" My eye twitched, if he didn't let go I was gonna beat his head against this counter.

He let go, thankfully. I let out a sigh of relief and purchased the gun and the bullets making my way back to the caravan with everyone else. Steve tossed the bag of things to Eddie which was not grateful for that and just set the bag aside. I sat beside him and sighed, running my hands through my hair. "Woah woah..Wheeler what's wrong..calm down.." I looked at Eddie. "Jason is up to no good..Lucas you need to be careful..please I just have this gut feeling. Don't let anything bad happen to you guys..because..this dick will do anything to find you..h-he asked me about Mike and grabbed me and shit he's up to no good."

Lucas nodded. I looked back at Eddie who brought me into a hug. "Eddie..can I like sleep for a bit.." Eddie nodded, letting me rest my head on his lap as he played with my hair. I almost instantly fell asleep.

--

When we got to Eddie's trailer again, Steve was the first one in the upside down. I was the second and then went the others. I looked around and stayed in place, holding the spear so close and tightly to my body. I decided to give the gun to Steve since it would be better. I was terrified, my legs shaking. It was cold and I really hated being back here again. I looked at Eddie and Dustin. "You better not mess this up and die on me Eddie Munson okay promise me you won't die!" Steve stared at me, aswell as Nancy. "As long as you promise me you won't die then I Eddie The Banished, promise you that I will not die" I smiled.

That was reassuring and soon, I was the only one in the trailer. Hearing the melody to Master Of Puppers fill the atmosphere. My legs were going to give up on me. "Come on Y/n..Y/n Wheeler you are brave..not a c-coward and you can do this." I took in a deep breath as I looked around, the vines moving around making me skeptical. Soon enough I could hear Eddie and Dustin freaking out over what Eddie had just done, I ran to the other side of the trailer looking at Eddie. "Incoming sweetheart no time for hugs!" Dustin and Eddie were stabbing the bats, but surely enough it wasn't enough so we ran back into the living room slamming the door.

"Okay everyone up, Dustin Eddie you go first!" The bats were denting the door and as soon as I saw Eddie safe and sound..I looked at the door, shaking my head. "Wheeler COME ON COME ON!" Eddie and Dustin were panicking, I cut the blankets tied up and it fell onto the matress. I needed to distract these things. No more being a fucking coward. I looked at Eddie one more time and then was swarming through the bats, good I managed to get out of there with just a few scratches and also managed to get Dustin's shield. I picked up the bike left there off the ground and immediately started cycling away from the bats.

I knew this was the only way to probably allow the others to have time but when I fell from the bike I immediately got up. I was thinking of running away, but hey might as well put up a fight. I mean Steve survived them right. I held out the shield, a whirlpool of bats surrounding me as I poked the spear at them. Until one bit my leg and I fell to the ground, one wrapping around my leg and one biting into the flesh of my stomach making me let out a deafaning scream. It hurt, It hurt so much. I couldn't stop screaming, blood was already pouring from my mouth and the last bite was even deadlier until they all fell to the ground and died.

Vecna must have been baited. It was what felt like hours, but Eddie was running towards me, crying. How did he get in here. I started coughing as he got on his knees on the ground, bringing me into a hug. "I-I told you not to die o-on me Wheeler! We still h-have our date remember remember!" I smiled at him. "Y-You can't die on me Wheeler, please please I told you not to!" I started crying. "You know what..I-I think..is that..I'm not actually t-that..afraid anymore." I rest my head on his stomach. Eddie stopped the blood with his hands on my stomach, ripping his hellfire shirt up trying his best to cover all my wounds and tie them up as tight as possible.

"E-Eddie..s-top" I said. "No! I-I am not letting you die on me, come on Y/n! D-Don't be so f-fucking stubborn please..please just hold on for me!" Eddie was sobbing, his tears falling on my face as he wiped the blood off around my mouth with a bit of his t-shirt. "Y-You promised.." Those were the last words I heard when I passed out.

Or died, I didn't know.

(Gurl I cried while writing this tbh 😭)