(09)Head Over Heels(09)

I was at family video, I was gonna set up a movie night for me and Eddie, make it the perfect little date. "Oh my god..he's just so sweet Robin..like he always wastes time though he finds it so hard to tell me how he feels all the time I just want him to ask me out already. Just ugh Rob what should I do?" Robin and Steve were bored at this point, I had been bothering them for two hours talking and rambling about how Eddie was so cool and how he treated me. "I think it was easier when you hated him" Robin groaned, practically pulling her hair. "Shut it!" I yelled at her. "Well listen you really sound head over heels for Eddie so why don't you just like..I don't know ask him yourself." I scoffed.

"I am Y/n Wheeler, he needs to ask me." Steve grabbed me by my shoulders over the counter. "Then keep taking him on dates or something but please Wheeler pick a movie already, we love you but two hours..TWO HOURS." I rolled my eyes and made my way to the horror movie section. I was having a hard time picking. I heard the bell of the door ring, indicating someone had come in. I was too concentrated on the movies in front of me though. "Hey Wheeler!" Eddie yelled in my ear making me let out a yelp and almost start crying and by reflex I smacked the boy. Eddie rubbed his cheek and furrowed his eyebrows picking me up by my waist. "What the fuck was that for!" I was still startled.

"Because you literally crept up on me Eddie!" Eddie giggled to himself, I wrapped my legs around his waist so it was more comfortable when he was holding me. "I am sorry.." Eddie said through giggles as he stared at the horror movies, Robin was imitating a blowjob and Steve being the child he was, was fake moaning. "You guys are assholes!" I raised my middle finger at them, which just made them burst out in laughter. I huffed and looked at Eddie. "Have you chosen a film yet?" Eddie showed me the VHS in his hand. "Halloween?" He nodded smiling, Eddie set me down and went to go pay for the movie. He was saying something to Steve and Robin which made them look at me which just made me suspicious.

I crossed my arms and stormed outside to go get in the van. Eddie quickly said goodbye and grabbed my hand before I could get in. "Woah woah..easy Wheeler what's wrong sweetheart." I looked at him. "Nothing you're just hiding something and I wanna know what it is Munson" I put a single finger right on his chest, Eddie smiled down at me. "Well you have to be patient, wouldn't wanna spoil anything would you? Come on stop being such a brat and get in the van, I got you some jellybeans and chocolate." I rolled my eyes "Also how many times have I told you to not call me sweetheart Munson" He tilted his head to the side. "Oh you know it's just a joke, I just like seeing the way your face crumples with disgust Wheeler." Eddie picked me up and set me carefully down in the passenger seat after he opened the van door.

"God I hate that smug smile of yours Mun-" He slammed the door before I could finish his last name, pulling his middle finger out as he strolled his way to the drivers seat and positioned himself in the seat. "Well you look like a rat, don't see me complaining do you Wheeler." I was about to protest, Eddie winked at me which just made my anger boil up. "Well you're bangs are messed up Munson!" He put a heart over his chest and acted like he had just been shot. "W-Wheeler no no! Please have mercy on me" I punched his arm which made him groan and nudge my arm. "Hey what was that for!" Eddie huffed. "For being the most tremendous dick in the world Eddie Munson." I smiled as he looked at me.

"Well Wheeler..the rat shall we begin our journey to my all mighty castle called the Munson Trailer. Will you dare step into the castle of doom!" Eddie said dramatically. "And be ready..to face the dragon named Eddie The Banished, beware no one has ever won against the great!" Eddie bit his lip, he was being dorky again and I loved it. "Neh" I shrugged my shoulders his happy expression fading. "Because I will not die against Eddie The Banished! I Lady Wheeler will defeat him and concur the dark castle!" His expression lifted again. "Ooo but beware..Eddie The Banished has an allmighty sword! It could slice you up in two, what will you do Lady Wheeler!"

Meanwhile in family video Steve and Robin were just staring at the two weirdos make random dramatic expressions in the car. "What..are they doing.." Steve squinted his eyes to try and see better. "Do you think they got off like that or something..I mean they seem happy look" Robin shrugged her shoulders. "I mean..Wheeler looks like she's having fun, Eddie's changed her a lot apparently. I mean I don't know if you were listening to her god awful rambling but she said that Eddie helped her come out her shell a bit like become her true metal self or some shit to be honest. Whatever, she's happy that freak is happy so I guess may they have a happy life" Steve chuckled to himself. "God they are so cliché" Robin rolled her eyes.

"Eddie you are one..stupid idiot" I smiled and kissed him on the lips. "And Wheeler you are one stupid rat" I tilted my head and reached my hand to his hair, brushing the stray stands of hair behind his ear. Eddie leaned in and rest his forehead against mine, giving me a passionate kiss on the lips, making me gasp a little. Eddie put a hand on my cheek and softly pulled away. "Let's go to my castle then shall we Lady Wheeler" I nudged him and nodded. "Yeah..we shall nerd." I sat back in my seat, upright as Eddir started driving. "You know, you're a nerd yourself. You come to hellfire every single time. Either if it's to watch us play or even cheer your darling Eddie The Banished." I knew Eddie couldn't call me his girlfriend.

We never made things official, mostly because I was too stubborn to actually ask him and also because for some reason we were still in the dating stage. No actual making out, Eddie or I always got flustered and chickened out. You see I was actually one of the only girls who actually liked Eddie, he didn't have many experience with dating and so far for me, Patrick was my only experience. Now I wanted nothing more then to make things official with Eddie but I would never ask him my self because I really wanted him to ask me in the most cliché way.

So when we were at Eddie's house sat on the couch, watching Halloween as he had his arm around me. Eddie was nervous and tense and I could tell he wanted to say something. "Eddie..are you okay you seem tense?" I put a hand on top of his which made him jump a little. He looked over me. "O-oh uh..nothing I'm okay Wheeler" I sighed and pushed him a little. "Spit it out Eddie!" Eddie got up and shook his head. "It's nothing!" Eddie was acting like a toddler. "If you don't say it I'll get it out of you" I pointed my finger at him. "Ugh fine! The thing is uh.."

Eddie started fidgeting with his fingers, he was shaking and everything. I sighed and got closer. "Uh..I was gonna..ask you..to be my uh.." My face immediately lit up, the smile on my face waiting for him to just say it. "My..girlfriend or whatever shit..I don't know..I know it's gonna be weird at school and shit since I mean you're a cheerleader and and uh" Eddie rambled, I just brought him into a hug. "Yeah silly, I'll be your girlfriend or whatever shit." I looked at him, his body relaxed. "Thank the lords of dnd" Eddie said cupping my face. "We can take things slow of course..yeah..slow, I know we both clearly aren't ready to say I love you so." I nodded as Eddie lifted me up as I wrapped my legs around his waist, I planted a tiny kiss on his lips and then smiled at him.

"Nerd." I said.

"Rat." Eddie replied with.