(08)We Did It(08)

I had woken up in the hospital to Eddie on ground, resting his head on the bed. I moved a little, letting out a groan. "F-Fuck..!" I took the blanket off to see the wounds bandaged up, I bit my lip trying my best to not wake Eddie up but seems I already did since he was standing and staring at me. "Oh my god.." Eddie said grabbing my face. "Never fucking scare me like that again Wheeler..look at you! You're c-covered in wounds..that should've been me instead of you!" I was speechless, I stared at him, mouth agape. "Are you real? Are you Vecna?" I started touching his face, skeptical. "No sweetheart it's me I promise i-it's me" Eddie smiled pressing his forehead against mine.

"H-How did you get out of it..?" I was confused. "That doesn't matter..right now Y/n why did you do that!" Eddie was angry, sad. "B-Because Steve, Nancy and Robin would've died..t-they needed more time.." Eddie looked at me, the tears filling his eyes again. "You could have died Y/n..we all could have lost you!" I flinched a little at his yelling. "Eddie..please stop y-yelling." Eddie was stressed, he cared for me, he wanted me to be okay. "That superpowered g-girl or something did it, Hawkins is fine..y-yeah..you'll be fine sweetheart." I looked at all the wires I was hooked up to. "Eds..I want out.." I frowned. "What did you just call me?" Eddie grabbed my face.

"Eds" I yawned and wiggled a little. "Oh my god..s-stop being so stubborn and just stay here okay..everyone else is gonna be here soon now sit and stay still." I rolled my eyes and huffed staring at the wounds. "I'm gonna look so ugly now.." I mumbled to myself. Eddie was pacing up and down the room. I heard a swarm of kids and adults coming into the room, my eyes widening as I saw all the kids and my parents, Robin, Nancy and Steve. "Oh my GOD!" My mom said looking at me. "What happened to you, it looks like you were eaten alive!" I rubbed the back of my neck and sighed. "Mom and dad..can you just leave I need to talk to them alone." My dad was quick to leave but my mom only left when Nancy and Mike insisted on it.

"First of all what the fuck, second of all Max you're okay and lastly..who the hell is that guy!" I pointed to the long haired dude, who was probably high. "That's Argyle" Jonathan said smiling. "Who cares about that! You look horrendous!" Mike said hugging me which made me wince. "Thanks Mike..but you're hurting me.." I said, looking at Eddie who was practically shaking and sweating. "I don't care you almost died." Mike said, Mike always admitted he favorited me. I was more layed back then Nancy at home, we didn't have many fights and I mostly agreed to do what he asked most of the time. Though sometimes I didn't.

I looked at Eleven, she had a shaved head. "Hey El" I smiled. "Hi, Y/n" She smiled back at me. I waved at her with my free hand. Dustin was comforting Eddie, he was practically breaking down, blaming himself for what happened to me.

-----------

A month later.

-----------

"Eddie stop acting like I'm a porcelain doll, my scars have healed I am fine!" Eddie was picking me up everywhere I wanted to go, even around his trailer. "But..I don't want you to get hurt." Eddie said, I frowned and cupped his face. "Eddie..please can you just..get ready for the date." He let me down, looking down at me. "Can I kiss you.." Eddie always asked me before hand. "Eddie, you've asked me like six times today..you need to get ready!" I jumped a little. "I don't even know where wete going, I mean I already made a little date in the hospital like I tried to make decent pasta but I don't know where to bring you now!" Eddie was panicking.

"Eddie..Eddie calm down, we can go to a drive in movie okay.." I cupped his face, god this man was gonna be the death of me. I also didn't dress in my normal style anymore. I had a scar on my stomach and one on my leg. I was insecure around Eddie, I never wore skirts anymore and never even dared to wear crop tops. "Okay..okay.." Eddie finally said, he had been a lot more paranoid since the upside down. He always made sure I was with someone in the group, made sure I was picked up either by him and if he couldn't make it he'd tell my parents. "Eddie.." I brought him to his room, frowning and sitting him down. "Y/n.." Eddie mumbled.

"You need to just calm down..I promise I will never do anything dangerous again." Eddie pushed me on the bed and hugged onto me, looking at me right in the eyes. "Eddie..get dressed or I swear I will dress you myself!" Eddie gave me a kiss on the forehead and got up. I stood up and made my way out his room, sitting on the couch. Me and Eddie never really made out with eachother, mostly because I was embarrassed or something. I wanted it to be perfect, I know it wasn't sex but I mean making out with someone who actually meant something to me was a big deal.

When Eddie came out the room dressed, I sighed in relief grabbing his hand. "Eddie come on! Were gonna miss the movie" I didn't even give him time to process, I was already pushing him into his van and I was already sitting in the passenger seat. "Drive Eddie" I frowned. "Fine." Eddie rolled his eyes.

Once we got to the drive in movie, Eddie parked the car in a nice spot and wrapped his arm around me. "Y/n" I looked over at Eddie as I heard him say my name. "Yeah Eddie?" His face was panicked again. "When..you got hurt and I was taking you out the upside down. Doctors announced that you died for a minute.." Eddie's bottom lip was quivering, I frowned and got in the back of the van. "Let's talk." He came to the back of the van and we sat on the matress he had behind here. "Eddie..I'm here.. see it's me.." I sighed. "I can't stop having nightmares. What would have happened if Dustin wasn't smart and actually gave me an idea to get through that gate again..I mean..you have no idea Wheeler..I saw you..bleeding to death for fuck sake!" He took a long pause.

"You..were so badly hurt and I just couldn't handle it..you could have gone through it..but you didn't. When you p-passed out I thought you died Wheeler! I was ready to stay in that goddamn place and die with you..until Steve and those other shitballs came and helped me out of there with you. Oh my god Nancy was fucking yelling and screaming, Robin was crying and Harrington..I mean he was just as bad. I insisted on bringing you..I really did." Eddie softly cupped my face. "Then when you woke up in that hospital I swear I was about to break down. I couldn't lose you..I would've done anything if I lost you." Tears were running down my face, I crawled into Eddie's arms and squeezed his arm. "And..everynight since then..everynight I stayed in that hospital with you and you always said to just go home. I-I just couldn't though." Eddie started crying, squeezing me as tight as ever.

"The nightmares..I-I had..of not b-being able to save..you" I finally shut him up by interrupting him. "E-Eddie..stop I'm here..you saved me Eddie..you saved me and I'm right here and I am not going anywhere." I said, my voice cracking. "Promise me Wheeler.." I nodded. "I promise you.."