2.BackStory

Jimin's Pov

The smell of the hospital, the oxygen surrounding my mouth, and the sounds from machines filled my ears as I heard the doctors assuring my parents that I would be alright

"He just needs some rest, Mrs. Park. Nothing too serious," the doctor reassured my mother.

As I lay there in my unconscious state, I couldn't help but wonder why I had attempted suicide. To understand, let's take a trip down memory lane.

The Park family was wealthy and successful, with my mother leading the business and my father being a successful lawyer. My older brother Jin and I were the only children. Despite being the younger sibling, I was known for my good looks and charm.

However, Jin always got on my nerves. He constantly boasted about his looks, calling himself "worldwide handsome," which only made me feel inferior. He had always been a source of frustration for me since childhood.

When I was eight years old, my mother was very strict with us. She would prepare homemade, healthy meals for us every day and provide us with vegetable juices for our skin. Each day we had a different juice, with Saturday being my favorite for the coconut milk. However, I grew tired of drinking the same juices every day.

Then there was Jin, whom I called a cheater and a liar. One morning, my mother served us bitter gourd soup, which I despised. Jin, sitting next to me, poured his soup into my bowl and laughed at me. I was furious and about to pour it back when he acted like the victim and told on me to our mother.

"Mummy, Jimin is pouring his soup into into my bowl," Jin whined, hiding behind her.

I couldn't believe he was getting away with it. From that day on, my resentment towards Jin grew. He always seemed to get the upper hand and I was tired of feeling inferior.

"Stop lying, hyung!" I shouted fiercely with anger.

"Park Jimin!" My mother shouted at me, causing me to jolt in my place.

"Did you pour your soup into your brother's bowl?" she asked me.

"No, mummy," I replied, biting my lips nervously, and already on the verge of crying.

Now, lying in the hospital bed, I realized that I had let my jealousy and resentment towards Jin consume me. It wasn't worth it. I needed to learn to let go of these negative emotions and focus on my own happiness.

 I needed to learn to let go of these negative emotions and focus on my own happiness