12.Regret of being Single

Jungkook's POV

As I walked down the corridor, lost in my thoughts, a melody reached my ears. It was so mesmerizing that I stopped in my tracks to listen. The voice was like a magnet, pulling me towards it. I followed the sound until I reached a classroom. I was just about to go inside when the university bell rang, signaling the end of the class. Disappointed, I sighed and turned around to leave.

As I walked back to my department, my mind was still stuck on the melody I had heard earlier. I wished I could have heard more of it, or even better, met the girl who was singing. But it seemed like it was not meant to be.

"Hey, Jungkook!" I heard a familiar voice calling out to me. I turned around to see my classmate, Min-Jun, running towards me.

"Hey, Jun," I greeted him, a small smile forming on my lips.

"What's up?" he asked, noticing my downcast expression.

"I heard this beautiful melody earlier, but I couldn't see who was singing it," I replied, a hint of frustration evident in my voice.

"Aww, that's too bad," Min-Jun said sympathetically. 

"But don't worry, maybe you'll hear it again some other time."

I nodded, feeling a little better. "Yeah, maybe. Thanks, Jun."

"No problem, bro," he said, clapping me on the back. 

"Let's grab some food. My treat."

I grinned at him, feeling grateful for having a friend like him. 

"Sure, let's go." And with that, we headed off towards the cafeteria.

As we walked into the cafeteria, I saw two guys staring at me. One of them looked friendly and welcoming, but the other one, Taehyung, seemed to be ignoring my presence altogether. I wondered what his problem was, but I decided to ignore him and focus on Min-Jun and the other guy, Hobi.

"Hey, Min-Jun! Who's your friend?" Hobi asked, his bright smile making me feel more at ease.

"This is Jungkook, he's in my class," Min-Jun introduced me, grinning widely.

"Nice to meet you, Jungkook!" Hobi said, extending his hand for a handshake. I shook his hand, feeling relieved to have made a good impression on at least one of Min-Jun's friends.

Taehyung, on the other hand, didn't even bother to acknowledge my presence. He simply continued eating his food, as if I didn't exist.

I felt a little uncomfortable, but I tried my best to ignore him and focus on getting to know Hobi better. We chatted about our classes, our hobbies, and our favorite foods. Hobi was a really nice guy, and I felt grateful to have made a new friend.

"WHAT?ARE YOU KIDDING ME?ARE YOU THE DEVELOPER OF UNIBIN GAME?"Hobi excalimed.

"Ah!yes!" I replied shyly as I have developed a game in my hih school and I uploaded it on App stores.

"WOW!YOU ARE AWESOME!" Both hobi and Min-Jun exclaimed causing me to die in embaressment.

"Thanks!"

As we were eating, I couldn't help but notice how Taehyung was acting towards Min-Jun. He seemed to be really protective of him, constantly checking on him and making sure he was okay. At first, I thought it was just because they were best friends, but as I observed them more closely, I began to realize that there might be more to their relationship than just friendship.

Taehyung was always making Min-Jun laugh, teasing him playfully and flirting with him in a way that seemed more than just friendly banter. He gave him extra napkins and refill his drink without even being asked, as if he knew exactly what Min-Jun needed before he even asked for it. He would also give him these soft, tender looks.