45.Jimin's Alarm

"What?!" Hobi's eyes bulged out of their sockets, mirroring the shock that coursed through his veins as he stared at the dreaded message on his phone screen—his credit card had been declined in the extravagant hotel where he had hoped to stay for a few days. Panic clawed at his chest, but he desperately tried to maintain his composure.

The hotel staff, with their judgmental gazes, looked down upon Hobi from head to toe, their disdain palpable. In their eyes, he was nothing more than a pretender, a mere waste of their precious time. But little did they know the fire that burned within him, the fire that was about to erupt.

His trembling fingers hastily dialed his father's number, the urgency in his heart making him tap his feet impatiently. As the phone rang, Hobi's eyes remained fixed on his credit card, unable to spare a glance for the scrutinizing stares aimed his way. If only he had noticed, he would have shown them a lesson they would never forget.

Finally, his father answered the call, and before he could utter a word, Hobi exploded with frustration.

"Why did you block my credit card? " His voice reverberated with a mixture of anger and disappointment.

His father's voice, filled with a smug tone, responded with a question of his own. "Aren't you the one who wanted to live alone?"

Hobi's blood boiled at his father's callousness. "Yes, I wanted to," he admitted through gritted teeth.

"Then start living alone without my income, my sunshine!" His father's words dripped with a mocking satisfaction, leaving Hobi to imagine the triumphant smirk that surely adorned his face.

"Dad—hell—ooo? HELLOOOOOO?!" Hobi shouted into the phone, his frustration escalating as his call ended abruptly, leaving him stranded in a sea of unanswered questions and mounting fury.

"Fuck!" Hobi slammed his fist against a nearby trash bin, his anger reverberating through the air as he unleashed his pent-up frustration. But little did he know, his outburst had attracted unwanted attention.

"Please, silence! There is a political meeting taking place," warned the security guard, attempting to restore order. The hotel staff signaled for the guard to escort Hobi out of the premises, but lost in his desperation to call his father again, he paid no heed to their attempts. His repeated failed attempts at reaching his father sent him spiraling further into his frustration, causing his voice to echo with increasing intensity.

"So what?!" Hobi's voice boomed through the halls, startling everyone in his vicinity. Ignoring the shocked faces around him, he unleashed his anger at the unfairness of the situation.

The guards, now fueled by annoyance, decided it was time to take matters into their own hands. They closed in on Hobi, ready to forcefully remove him from the premises.

"What the fuck, leave me!" Hobi wiggled his legs, once the guard dragged him.

But just as they are ready to push him, a strong pair of arms snaked around his waist, preventing his capture. The guards instinctively bowed before the person who had intervened, realizing that they were in the presence of someone important.

"Thank yo— you?!" Hobi's voice faltered as he looked up, his eyes widening in surprise. It was none other than Eunwoo, holding him securely, his presence commanding respect.

"You always fall so easily," Eunwoo muttered, his words laced with a mix of amusement and concern.

"Good evening, Mr. Cha" to the staff who had hastily rushed to welcome Eunwoo. As he witnessed the interaction, Hobi couldn't help but curse under his breath, muttering, "Money truly makes the world go round."