33.Guardian Angel

The room was still buzzing with the intensity of Jimin's words as Jungkook tried to compose himself. He wiped away his tears, feeling a mix of overwhelming emotions. Pride, love, and gratitude surged within him, knowing that Jimin had his back and wasn't afraid to stand up for him.

Mr. Jeon, his heart swelling with pride, approached Jungkook, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Son, I couldn't be prouder of you and the remarkable person you've become. Jimin is right, you were born to make history, and today, you've shown everyone just how extraordinary you truly are."

Mrs. Jeon, her eyes glistening with tears, approached the father and son, her voice trembling with sincerity.

"Jungkook I'm sorry. I've been too focused on my own expectations, failing to see the incredible path you've chosen. I should have supported you from the beginning, and for that, I apologize."

Mr and Mrs Jeon, regrets and they both apologized to him.

"Why didn't you bother to inform me that the party was specifically held to celebrate Namjoon hyung's monumental success?" Jungkook's voice quivered with a mix of hurt and frustration as he implored his parents to meet each other's gaze. The room fell silent, and an air of tension engulfed the atmosphere.

"Jungkook, we thought..." Mrs. Jeon began, her voice trailing off.

"You thought I wouldn't come, right?" Jungkook weakly chuckled, but the pain in his voice was unmistakable. Even his own parents seemed oblivious to his true feelings. His heart sank.

"Don't you understand? Namjoon hyung is not just my brother; he's my role model. I look up to him in admiration and respect. Countless times, I've been accused of being jealous of his achievements, but I've always been genuinely happy for him. But now, I'm hurt because it seems like even my own parents share those thoughts about me," Jungkook's voice cracked, a solitary tear escaping his eye.

"It's not like that, dear," Mr. Jeon attempted to explain, reaching out a hand.

"Then why didn't you bother to give me a heads up? Was that all you thought of me, Mom? Am I too insignificant to be considered?" Jungkook's words trembled with a mixture of disappointment and longing, as his parents struggled to find the right response.

___________

Over in the corner, Jimin, who had been engrossed in devouring his food, suddenly became aware of the emotional exchange taking place. Swallowing a mouthful, he glared at Jungkook's parents.

"As long as it's your parents, I'm sure they didn't mean any harm. Oh, that pork belly looks divine! Can we have it cooked soon, please?" Jimin chimed in cheerfully, attempting to lighten the heavy atmosphere. The chef, still frying the dishes, couldn't help but cursed at Jimin's eating skills.

"Wait, did you curse at me? " Jimin's eyes widen and he was ready to fight with the chef.

"No master. " He gulped and speeded his work.

__________

"Jungkook, please understand. It's not what you think," Mrs. Jeon tearfully pleaded, reaching out to touch her son's arm.

With a bittersweet smile, Jungkook shook his head gently.

"It's okay, Mom. I understand." He bowed respectfully to his parents and turned away, his gaze fixed on the alcohol section.

"I'll be drinking tonight. Just have one of the drivers drop us home," Jungkook spoke to his father, his voice carrying a tinge of resignation as he sought solace in the numbing embrace of alcohol.