Chapter One.

*If you enjoy listening to music while reading, check out the playlist I made for this story. The song number corresponds with each chapter: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/63PEO5TPK9D9H5OhPg2wNU?si=e445bb64082a4146

You were lying on your bed, staring at the ceiling. It was one of those days when your depression was at its worst. You felt worthless, ashamed, and alone. You looked at the stuffed animal next to you, a puppy. His fur was worn, nose discolored, and tail ripped. You brought him to your chest and pouted.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm having a hard time." He slumped in response.

"Yes, I know you need a walk." You focused on his eyes. You couldn't resist how cute he was as you got ready to take him outside.

You clutched your stuffed puppy friend as you walked out of the house. The sun shining on your face, the breeze whistling in your ears, and the birds greeting you with their friendly chirps. Lifting puppy to your face, you smiled. A simple walk wouldn't cure you, but the sunlight, fresh air, and animal friends helped.

You continued to walk and heard a man's voice.

"For my final trick I will pull a rabbit from my hat!"

Your eyes were filled with wonder as you realized what you stumbled across. It was a magician performing for a child's birthday party! You put puppy on your shoulder so he could see better.

The man took off his hat and showed the inside to the audience.

"Is there anything inside?"

The children shouted "no" and you whispered a "no" as well, feeling like you were one of them.

"That's right, nothing inside. Now, I take my magic wand and alakazam!"

With a tap of his wand, a rabbit appeared in his hat! You, along with the children clapped.

"How does he do that?" You whispered.

He bowed as cheering erupted. The show was over and the magician started to pack up.

You looked at puppy.

"We have to go say hello!"