Chapter Four.

It felt like days had passed, but it had only been hours. You felt like a fool. If you never approached this man, none of this would've happened. You saw the good in everyone and had a hard time understanding that people could be capable of such heinous things. Would the man come back? What was his plan for you? Was his intention to let you die after you angered him? You were brought back to reality when you heard the door open. It was him. He was now wearing a mask that was expressionless. He shuffled toward you holding a tray of food.

"Is my dove hungry?"

He placed the tray in front of you as he sat down. Scrambled eggs and a bottle of sprite. It wasn't exactly your meal of choice but considering that you didn't know when you would eat again, you took it for what it was.

"Come on sweetie. You need to eat. Open up."

He brought the fork to your mouth. Scared that he may have put something in it, you refused.

"It's only salt and pepper dearest. Eat it, don't eat it. You're already down here. What do I need to drug you for?"

You opened your mouth as he chuckled, amused by the fact that you trusted him enough to eat the food.

"Good girl."

He then brought the bottle to your mouth.

"Drink."

You did what he asked.

"You're so sweet little one. I have someone who wants to see you."

In his hands was your puppy friend. Even given your circumstances, you couldn't help but smile.

"Puppy!"

You gave your stuffed animal friend a hug as the man stroked your cheek

"I promise to never to take him away from you again."

"Pinky promise?" Your voice was hushed as you showed him your pinky.

You saw the skin around the man's eyes crinkle. If he wasn't wearing a mask you would've seen him smile.

"Pinky promise sweetheart."

He scooched next to you as he put puppy on your shoulder.

"I'm not going to hurt you anymore Y/N. I meant what I said. There is something so pure about you. I want to keep you close, protect you. I know that all of this is new, scary even, but I refuse to let the outside world taint you. Why would I hurt the person that I want to protect, hm? That doesn't make sense now does it. My job is to take care of you! As long as you continue to be respectful and listen, I will never make you do anything that you won't like."

You enjoyed the idea of someone protecting you, caring for you, but you knew that this wasn't the way you wanted it to happen. The man could sense your apprehension and sighed.

"I know that this will take some getting used to, but I hope you come around sooner rather than later."

He stood up, lifted the tray, and walked to the door.

"I'm off to work darling. I'll see you when I get home. Think about what I said. It's not like you're doing anything else."