Chapter Fifteen.

You woke up at the table, but instead of being in the kitchen, you were outside. It was overcast with towering trees while being in a field of grass. Your stuffed animals were next to you just as before, but this time they were pouring tea, talking, and eating.

"You're awake!"

You rubbed your head, confused.

"Where am I? What happened?"

"You're in Wonderland. The hatter drugged you."

The stuffed animal "pointed" at an empty seat at the head of the table.

"Where is he now?"

"He went to get more tea."

Another stuffed animal spoke.

"You need to get away from him. He's a bad man."

"I don't know who the hatter is!"

Another stuffed animal whispered in your ear.

"His real name is Albert."

You shook your head in disbelief.

"Albert? He's been nothing but kind!"

"Nothing but kind? He kidnapped you, threatened to beat you, and scolded you."

Before you could respond the hatter came back to the table with a teapot. The stuffed animals that were once alive were back to their normal selves.

"Alice, you're finally here! It's lovely to see you."

The hatter took his seat at the table, putting food on your plate.

"We've all missed you here in Wonderland. The tea I gave you before allowed you to take this trip."

You swallowed hard.

"You really poisoned me?"

Hatter passed the food to you as he gave you a puzzled look.

"Poisoned you? Of course not! I used...magic in the tea. I wouldn't harm a hair on your head. You know that! What have I told you all this time? You're special. The innocence you exude makes you almost ethereal to me. I keep you close to protect you, not hurt you."

These words were sugary sweet, but the stuffed animals had a point. Albert has done nothing but harm you, no matter how much he tries to convince you otherwise.

"Why are you so quiet? It must be because you're hungry dearest, eat!"

You looked down at the food. It looked exactly the same as before, but this time it made your stomach churn. You wouldn't be fooled again.

"I'm not hungry."

This response caused a fire to ignite in the hatter's eyes.

"It's rude to deny food from a host."

You pushed the food away, ignoring his comment. He sighed.

"If you insist on being stubborn at least have some tea."

His anger was replaced with elation as he clapped his hands.

"This is a tea party after all!"

A feeling of panic washed over you.

"I don't want the tea."

He stood up and slammed his hands on the table.

"You'll drink it, and you'll like it!"

You started to cry. He softened his voice as he walked to you.

"Don't cry sweetheart."

He kneeled in front of you, placing his hands on your thighs.

"I hate seeing such a pretty girl cry."

Without any warning, he kissed you. You pulled away from him, wiping your lips.

"Why would you do that?"

"I've been wanting to do that for some time. I know you see me as a father honey, but I couldn't help myself. You're so beautiful."

He hummed, taking in your shocked face while giving you the tea.

"Now drink."

You shook your head no.

"Drink it."

You pushed the chair and started to run, but it was only a matter of seconds before he caught you, wrapping an arm around your neck while pinching your nose. Not being able to breathe, you opened your mouth, and he forced the tea down your throat.

"You'll never be able to run from me silly girl."