Chapter Fourteen.

Trigger Warning: Poisoning.

Once downstairs you were greeted with a spread of finger sandwiches, pastries, and tea. A stark contrast to scrambled eggs and sprite. The man turned around with a teapot in hand, acknowledging you.

"There you are dove! You're late, naughty, but I'll forgive you considering how sweet you look with your stuffed animals. Go and seat them. I'll meet you at the table."

You did as he said, excitedly running around the table and putting your stuffed animals in their seats. Before you knew it, he joined you.

"You did all of this for me?"

The man poured you tea.

"This is my way of showing how much you mean to me. You deserve all of this and more Y/N."

Kissing your head, he went to his seat and served you.

"Eat while you wait for your tea to cool."

You obliged, having some of the sandwich and then the pastry.

"This tastes incredible! Did you make this?"

The man smiled at the compliment.

"I did sweetheart."

You continued to eat as the conversation went on.

"I've been here for a while now. I've gotten to hear about your past, see your face, but I still don't know your name. What is it?"

There was silence between the two of you, but after some time he answered.

"Albert."

You whispered the name to yourself.

"Albert. That's a lovely name."

Suddenly you clutched your stomach and slumped forward. Albert ran to you, moving your chair, now kneeling in front of you.

"Oh honey, what's wrong?"

"I'm so sorry. I feel nauseous, my stomach is killing me."

"Here, have some tea sweetie."

He brought the cup to your lips. The initial sips seemed to help your upset stomach temporarily, but you still felt sick. The room started to spin as you tried to focus on Albert. He cupped your face.

"Hey, look at me bunny."

He lifted you from your chair and helped you to lie on the ground.

"Albert, what's happening to me?"

You started to convulse, fading in and out of consciousness.

"Sh little one, you're taking a trip to wonderland."