Chapter Nine.

Waking up, you were oddly comforted by being in the basement, but that feeling was quickly replaced with fear as your captor was awakened by your movement. Realizing you were laying on his chest, you got up in a panic, now sitting in the corner of the room.

"Did you have a nightmare dove?"

You didn't dare look at him, petrified of what he might do.

"Y/N? Answer me."

Cowering before him, you started to shake.

"Please don't kill me!"

"Why would I do such a thing bunny?"

He placed a gentle hand on your face, but you pulled away. The man went to the mattress and came back with Samson as well as your puppy stuffed animal. He put the stuffed animal on your shoulder while telling Samson to sit in front of you.

"I have a feeling that you had a nightmare. Instead of telling me about it I want you to talk to puppy and Samson. I'll stand at the other side of the room and cover my ears. When you're done Samson will tell me what happened."

"How will you understand Samson?"

"He and I have a special bond darling. I'll be able to understand everything. How does this sound?"

"It sounds like something I can do."

"Good girl."

You watched the man do what he had told you. Unbeknownst to you, he had his hands pressed lightly over his ears so he could still hear you.

"It was a horrible nightmare. I was taking a bath and he was with me. He was washing my hair, being silly, but the next thing I knew he had his hand around my neck. He pushed me under the water."

You started to cry and the man rushed over.

"Don't cry sweetie! You did so well. Let me ask Samson what you said."

The man held Samson's head and pressed his forehead against his for a few seconds.

"Ah, I see. Thank you, Samson. Well, he tells me that you had a nightmare. We were in the bathroom and things were sweet, but then they turned bad. Is that right?"

Wiping your tears, you looked at the man in amazement. Could he really understand Samson?

"Yes! How did you do that?"

"It's a magician's gift doll."

The man sat in front of you.

"Sweetheart, I would never hurt you let alone kill you. Remember what I told you, I brought you here because I want to protect you."

"Which part of all this shows you wanting to protect me? All I wanted to do was talk to you, tell you how much I loved your show, and you took me. I'm so confused all of the time. One minute I'm scared for my life and the next I'm entranced by you. My head is so stupid. I feel like I'm going crazy."

He took his mask off and threw it across the room. The only thing that you saw now was a vulnerable man. Seeing him as vulnerable only confirmed one thing. You really were going crazy.