Chapter Twenty.

Albert put his hand over your mouth while holding a knife to your throat.

"Say one word and I'll gut you like a pig."

"Albert? Where are you?"

"Shit. I'm in the kitchen! Give me a second."

Albert threw you over his shoulder opened the basement door and dropped you.

"Make a single noise and I promise you won't live to see another day."

He gave you no chance to respond as he slammed the door. With Albert in such a hurry, he failed to realize that he kept you in the stairwell, not the soundproof area. You pressed your ear against the door to hear an unfamiliar voice.

"I really think that I'm getting somewhere with these cases."

"This shit again?"

"Listen! The Grabber has to be able to grab these kids and get them back to his place quickly. This means he has a house with a garage and can't risk them getting away or waking them up if he's knocking them out. He has to live somewhere in our general area according to my map."

This man could be your saving grace. You started to pound on the door with all of your strength and scream. You then quitted down to hear what the men were saying. The unfamiliar voice spoke first.

"What the hell was that?"

Albert laughed.

"How many lines have you been snorting lately?

"I know I heard something in the basement."

"What are you talking about?"

"Move away from the door Al."

That's when the door opened, and you fell at the feet of your savior.