Chapter Twelve.

"Let me show you to your room sweetie."

"I'm not going back to the basement?"

"No. Never again little one."

You held the man's hand as he guided you into a guest room. The room in itself was nothing special, but what was inside made your jaw drop. Your puppy was on the bed with newly bought stuffed animals with your coloring book on a desk along with a tea set.

You ran to the bed and hugged your new stuffed animal friends.

"Do you like it, sweetheart?"

"Like it? I love it!"

You hugged the man. Instead of tensing under your touch like he once did, he reciprocated the gesture, holding you comfortably tight. When the two of you pulled away, he walked to the desk, coming back with a baby blue shirt. You looked at it and smiled.

"The color reminds me of Alice's dress!"

The man chuckled.

"I know it's not a dress like you may want doll, but it'll do for now. It'll fit like one though."

"Can we go dress shopping one day?"

You pouted with puppy dog eyes, prompting him to stroke your cheek.

"How can I say no to such a sweet face? Of course, we can."

Out of pure joy you stood up and spun around, pretending that the towel around you was a dress. After abruptly stopping, you stumbled around. Luckily the man was there to steady you.

"Easy there silly! You'll make yourself sick. It's time to get dressed now."

The man took the tea set off the desk.

"When you're done, I want you to come downstairs. Bring your stuffed animals."

Your eyes widened in excitement.

"Are we having a tea party?"

The man smiled and shrugged before closing the door behind him.

"Don't be late! This is a very important date."