Chapter Twenty-Three.

You dislodged the ax from Albert's head and swung again to make sure that he was really dead. Blood splatter decorated your face and clothes. It was clear that you needed a bath before you could go anywhere. You left the basement and went into the bathroom. Was it strange taking a bath in a dead man's house? Sure, but you couldn't walk around like you murdered someone regardless of the fact that you did. You were in the tub where you feared that Albert would drown you. Knowing that he couldn't do anything to harm you now made you feel at ease.

When you were done in the bathroom you went into your room and looked in the mirror to examine the many bruises that Albert had given you. They were scattered across your body while the most prominent ones were on your cheeks. You knew that the physical wounds would go away with time, but the mental ones would last for much longer. You got dressed and looked around your room one last time. You took the coloring book from your desk and threw it out the window. Making your way to the tea set you took each piece and hurled it at the wall as a way to release your many overwhelming emotions. Finally, you went to the stuffed animals on your bed and hugged each of them, thanking them for telling you about Albert's true intentions. You put each of them back except for one. Puppy. The one who had been with you from the very start. You put him on your shoulder, went downstairs, and left the house, leaving the nightmares behind.