Chapter Three.

Trigger Warning: "Mild" Violence.

It seemed you were at home in bed. You felt the mattress beneath you, puppy in your grip, and the wall pressed against your back. Wait, how did you get home? The last thing you remembered was being with the magician. After opening your eyes, you realized that you were in a basement. Concrete walls, dim lighting, and a damp smell greeted you as you were regaining your senses. You tried to lift your head, but someone stopped you.

"Rest little one, you seem to be dizzy. I don't want you to topple over."

You looked up and saw the magician, but unlike last time, he was wearing a mask. It had a wide grin and devil horns. The sight of it made you tear up. The man caressed your cheek.

"Why are you crying, darling?"

You pointed to his face.

"Use your words."

"The mask scares me." You held puppy closer, hoping that he would protect you.

"Oh, sweet Y/N, I have to wear the mask. We're playing pretend!"

You started to break out in a cold sweat, breathing became difficult and you started to shake. The man took notice of this. He helped you sit up as he wrapped his arms delicately around you.

"Breathe with me." He whispered as he placed puppy on your shoulder.

You rested your head on puppy as you followed the man's drawn-out breaths. Minutes felt like hours, but eventually, your breathing slowed.

"It's over now, I'm here. I hate seeing such a sweet thing so distressed. I want you to listen to my voice as you close your eyes. I don't want my mask to scare you again."

He put his hands over your eyes.

"You're someone special Y/N. Someone so innocent, completely untouched by the bad in the world. I brought you here because I want to protect you. You're going to stay here with me. I'll perform magic tricks for you, play games, and you can even meet my puppy! He's a real puppy, a big one. Doesn't that sound nice?"

You shook your head no. You knew that this was wrong. This man took you against your will. You wanted to return home and forget that this had happened.

"No? I promise you wonderful things and this is how I'm repaid?"

His voice was harsh, and his hands began to squeeze your face.

"I don't want to stay here."

His nails cut into you, making you cry.

"You don't mean that."

"Please, I want to go home!"

Your plea was the final straw. The man snatched puppy from you and started to yell as he stomped towards the door.

"You're staying here and that's final! You have no say in the matter. I won't tolerate such behavior. Sit here and think about what you've done."

The man slammed the door. You buried your face in the mattress as you sobbed, falling asleep.