Chapter Seventeen.

This threat fueled you. Let it be known that you weren't going down without a fight, but how would you manage to escape? Your question was answered when you were faced with a window. You stood from your bed to investigate if you could open it. Dizziness struck you. Almost falling, you held onto the wall to steady yourself. Once you were stabilized, you found that you were able to open the window with minimal effort. There was only one problem though, you were on the second floor. You couldn't jump from the window without injuring yourself. That's when it hit you. You took the blanket and wrapped it around the bedpost, using it as a means to scale the side of the house. The chances of Albert seeing you was fifty-fifty, but this was a chance that you were willing to take. It would do no good to sit around and wait for your impending doom. You took a deep breath. It was now or never. After making sure that the blanket was wrapped around the bedpost tightly, you opened the window, threw the blanket, and started to climb down it. You made sure that your movements were slow and deliberate to create the least amount of noise possible. Before you knew it your feet touched the grass and you started to run. That's when you were met with Albert. He was only a few feet away, shirt unbuttoned while dawning the bottom half of his mask. His chest was heaving from the animalistic excitement of seeing you trying to escape. Adrenaline ran through your body, heart pounding in your chest.

"It's almost too bad that you fell for the trap. I thought you were smarter than that kitten. Didn't you think the window being unlocked was a little too good to be true? I suggest you run. You have a ten-second head start. Let's hope I don't catch you."

Albert winked and in an instant, you took off.

"Run rabbit, run!"