CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Our intense eye contact broke as I immediately turned my head to see who just ruined one of the best moments in my life.

And my heart stopped as I looked into the eyes of hatter.

This cannot be happening right now.

Why now? Of all the times he could've called me to do my part of the deal he chose this one.

Chishiya backed of and put his hands into his pockets, frowning at the man standing inside the doorway.

I was at a complete loss of words and just quickly put my bikini back on.

From then I just sat still, my heart beating faster then ever.

im sorry for interrupting your little .... engagement but I'll have to borrow y/n for a couple minutes" hatter spoke in a rather serious tone.

How am I going to explain this to chishiya ?

I looked at him with a scared expression but he didn't even look at me.

His eyes were full of anger, glued to the maniac in front of us.

I just gulped and hopped of the hospital bed.

I walked towards hatter and looked back at chishiya once more.

This time he looked at me, but his eyes were shallow and distant.

Just a few seconds ago those same eyes were full of lust and care.

As if a complete different person had taken over him.

I lowered my head as I walked past hatter into the doorway.

He closed the door behind us and started following me.

But he quickly catched up and was now leading the way.

The intire walk I didn't say a word and just looked down. Full of shame.

Once we got to his apartment I almost started crying.

I don't want to do this.

But his words surprised me.

Don't worry pretty, I won't force you to have sex with me." He said with a weird grin.

Instant relief rushed thru me.

Thank god.

But what else will he have me do?

I looked at him confused.

I heard that you cleared a lot of spades games, even the higher difficulties. So I need you to do something's for me... things that require endurance and maybe a bit madness." He ended his sentence with a creepy laugh.

I was even more confused now.

I know I cleared mostly spades games but I'm not really a sporty person and I also wouldn't describe myself as mad.

„ What do you want me to do?" I asked with a little annoyance.

I hated how he would drag out his speeches without getting to the actual point.

Well you know a Utopia can only work if the people in it want it to work. And I have noticed that a few of "our" people a planning on destroying this place. The place I have put EVERYTHING IN." His anger took over him as he spoke of those traitors.

Not gonna lie he is kinda scarring me right now.

I'll need you to get rid of them. "

My eyes widened.

I felt sick.

The idea of killing the remaining survivors just because this god complex mf can't take the idea of not being in charge anymore made me feel physically ill.

He could probably see that from my shocked and disgusted expression.

„ Why aren't the militants doing that ? Isn't it quite literally their job to inforce the rules in this place?"

I mean fr? Why would he send me? Like I have no fucking idea how to even use a gun?

I'm afraid that their companionship means more than their actual job to them."

Is he serious ?

This means I may have to kill a fucking militant.

The complete psychos who always have guns on them, are literally trading killers and could rip me into peace's I'd they wanted to?

And also just as he said they hold together like glue, if I kill one of them they'll all be after me.

I can't agree to this.

It's a suicide mission.

„ So what your saying is I, a girl who's never had any type of experience with guns, fights whatsoever may has to KILL A FUCKING MILITANT ??" I completely lost it at the end and started screaming and strutting around the room.

I cannot belief that this is happening right now this man has really gone mad.

I know that you may seem as the most unfit person for this job but I belief your perfect. You'll seduce them with your pretty looks and they won't suspect a thing, once they're disarmed you'll just shoot their brains out." He said with a big smile on his face as if he had just come up with the smartest plan ever.

This is complete bullshit.

„ You cannot be serious right now." I shook my head and looked at him in disbelief.

Well if you choose to not engage in my plan, you'll betray the entire utopia which would also break our most important rule... death to traitors." He poured himself a drink and laughed.

I started breathing very heavily and ran my hand thru my hair.

So I either choose immediate death or death but in a few days.

Great.

I guess I'll take number two then.

Maybe I'm more of an assassin than I thought.

„ So who is it ?" I asked with a blank tone.

He smiled.

He walked over to me and whispered in my ear.

His hot and liquor smelling breath hit the side of my face.

Kayoko Haruto" 

I was surprised that he actually told me his name I thought he'd maybe make a whole mystery about it.

The problem is that I've never seen that man.

And also the militants only seem to either work or sleep.

And I can't just take him away from his duty's, everyone will notice.

„ I do not know who that is nor when or where he's on duty." I said to hatter.

He's assigned to the roof... alone. I cannot tell you more you'll have to find out on your own." He said while turning his back to me.

You may leave now.... Oh and also don't tell anyone about this"

Great.

I hate my life.

I have no fucking idea how I'll do this.

———————-

A short filler chapter.

And sorry for not updating in so long but I've been quite busy.