16

Why is that we never fall in love with the person who is right for us but we would do anything for that someone who will do nothing but break our heart?

How does people find that right person, I so badly wanna know. 

Like take me and River for example. River likes me and he is a good guy, who I know is just right for me. River is that someone who will treat me right and will never break my heart. But my heart doesn't want him.

The sad truth is, my heart wants someone who is so out of my reach and I know he will keep breaking my heart, just like always. 

Guess that's why they say, the heart wants what it wants. 

"Earth to Aideen?" A hand waves in front of my eyes, breaking my thoughts.

"Don't go to your la-la land with us. We're not that boring" Olivia jokes.

I snorted "La-la land? Seriously?"

"What?" Olivia shrugs.

"Anyways" Leo starts "River is coming, we're gonna go."

And with that, drags Olivia with him to god knows where. 

I roll my eyes at them as River catches up to me and we both start walking around the campus.

 "How are you?" River starts the conversation as he flips back his hair that had come in front of his eyes.

"River" I come to a stop making him stop as well, as I now stand in front of him "In the weeks you've known me, have I ever said that I am good or happy?" 

"Noooo" He draws out.

I raise my eyebrow at him to indicate my obvious answer, now continue walking again.

He chuckles a bit and rolls his eyes at me "Fine, fine, sneaky head."

"By the way, how are things with that girl you beat up in the party?" He continues.

"Meh, I don't care about her. Knew her enough to make me not know her enough, if that makes sense" I reply. 

"Oddly enough it does" He nods his head "There have been a lot of gossips in the school though."

I laugh "Of course."

"They are saying the fight was about a guy."

"Eh."

"Was it?" River asks.

"Was it what?" I question back. 

"Was it because of a guy?"

I gasp taking that statement in offense "River Black, it is like you don't know me at all."

He laughs at my bewildered face. 

"Do I look like someone who would fight over a guy?" I ask, cringing. 

"No, ma'am. You surely don't" He says while continuing laughing.  

"Now that I remember, you were there too so why ask me this stupid question?" I ask with confusion probably mirroring my face.

He stopped laughing as soon as I asked that question "Well, I know she said shit to you and she had it coming but not gonna lie, it just felt like you were" He clears his throat and avoids looking me in the eyes "pissed at her about something else as well."

"Well does the fact she is a bitch counts?" I joke to clear up the awkwardness. 

He chuckles, looking behind my back he says hurriedly "I gotta go now, see you soon!" 

And he was out of my sight.

"Had fun with your boyfriend?" A cold voice speaks from behind me.

Oh, that was the reason of River's weird behaviour.