8 | Babysit

I'm so excited to write this chapter ahh! Keep reading <3

SOPHIE'S POV/PERSPECTIVE:

It's the morning after camp, my first night back at home. I stretch in my bed as I make my way over to my bathroom and wash my face with some light skincare. Today was the day I was babysitting Payton.

I head downstairs still tired as fuck as I see my sister and mom. "Hey sweetie, breakfast?" My mom asks. "In a bit" I tell her with a faint smile. I don't really like to eat straight after waking up. My appetite wasn't formed yet you could say.

I go to the cabinet grabbing myself a cup, filling it up with some water as I take a big slurp from it, it taking away my dry throat from all the hours of sleeping. "Hey mom, I found a babysitting job for tonight. 6pm" I tell her.

"Okay honey that's great, how much are they paying you a hour?" She asks while finishing up her food and placing her and my sisters plates in the sink. "I'm staying overnight.." I tell her. "Overnight? Are you sure?" My mom asks me furrowing her eyebrows with confusion.

"Look her parents are out of town and she's just 6 years old, I thought I might help them for a while" I tell my mom shrugging my shoulders. "But their paying me 40 an hour because it's a overnight shift or whatever" I continue my sentence.

"Okay honey, as long as your safe" She tells me. "Of course" I reply back to her finishing my water and chucking my cup in the sink.

...

Hours go by at home, me and my sister hung out, I relaxed for a bit, showered, ate lunch, binge watched Netflix and now it's 6pm.

It's a Saturday night and I have nothing else better to do anyways. I apply some light makeup, pack my bag for the night and bring a cookies mix packet so we can bake. I don't know, it could be fun. I say goodbye to my mom and sister and start to drive off to the location Lisa has sent me.

I arrive at the house, parking just outside. Wow, it was huge. This house was so beautiful. I make my way to the door with my bag as I ring the door bell. The door gets opened and I see a cute little girl, with dark brown wavy hair and blue eyes. Wow this girl is going to break hearts when she's older.

Besides her was I was assuming her mom and dad. "Thank god your here, I'm Lisa" She says hugging me. "Hi, Sophie" I shake the fathers hand with a smile as he starts to talk.

"Our son is too much of a drowse to help take care of her. I don't think he's home so thank you" He tells me. "It's no problem, I'm sure we'll have fun, right Payton" I tell her holding her hand.

"Well we have to go, see you tomorrow" the mother says before walking out as i walk in. Her house was just as pretty and decorated like how it was from the outside.

"Are you Sophie Campbell?" She asks me. How did she know my full name.

"Yes. Yes I am." I asked her confused.

"My brother always talks about you" She says in her soft tone while she giggles. She's so cute.

Her brother? Was i in Silas' house right now. "What does he say" i ask her in curiosity while we sit on the couch and turn on the TV.

"He says.. you.. you always make him feel things and he hates it or something" She says while trying to find a channel. My stomach sank. I wasn't sure if it was Silas but who else would it be. "Oh-" I say.

"Well i brought cookie mix.. Do you want to make some cookies with me?" I ask her while taking it out of my bag and wiggling it around. "Cookies! Yes!" She says jumping off the couch and running to the kitchen. I smile at her actions as I get off the couch and follow her.