29 | "Alexander?!"

SILAS POV/PERSPECTIVE:

"Alexander?!" Grace screamed opening the front door, we were all seated in the living room. It was 10am... peaceful. Until some Alexander showed up at the front door making Grace scream like she's seen a ginormous bear. My cereal nearly flying out my mouth, she knows how to shake a house with her voice that girl. "Babe, what's wrong!" Jackson came running from the kitchen in fear... before his mouth dropped, seeing this guy at the door. Where I was seated, surprisingly the door was blocking this mysterious Alexander guy. I only knew one Alexander and that was... No It couldn't be him.

I walked up to the door and that's when, my facial expressions transitioned from chill to tense. Swallowing the last of the cereal within my mouth before straightening my posture, my body getting tense as my jaw naturally clenched at the sight of him. Alex, was what he went by. AKA known as the guy who dated Sophie for 3 years, left her some sappy goodbye note and fled town since sophomore year. "Silas?" Alexander spoke, acting full of innocence which he had none of. "I'm not doing this." I said, disgusted with the sight of this guy, and the utter audacity he has to show up. Shoving my cereal bowl into his empty hand, the other with pink peonies... Sophie's favourite flowers. "Enjoy my food, didn't know you could still eat after the last time I saw you." I spat the words at remorseless as Jackson and Grace stood at the door remaining speechless.

I head over to the staircase and to my surprise... Sophie was on her way down. My stomach dropped seeing her, I don't know what it is called... Maybe I did, maybe I didn't want to admit it. How my face heats up, my stomach flips not up, but upside down every time she was within one meter of my presence. "How's your head?" I asked her out of curiosity, from her many drinks she had last night. Placing my hand on her head, to check her temperature as she stood beneath me on the staircase. Her eyes looking up to me, and there was that feeling again. Stomach upside down, face heat, body tense. "It's- Uh, Good. I don't remember much, but somehow most things you did has clung to my memory. Maybe I was dreaming... How-" She was telling me, her honey-like hazel eyes looking up to mine just how I always liked them to be.

Before she was cut off, Alexander. "Sophie." He said looking at her. "A-Alex?" She said, as she turned her body towards him slowly, her eyes widening as her face flushed a light pink. "Peonies?" She asked him. "I will always wait for you." Alex said as Sophie made her way down to him, but at the hearing of those words she tuned her head to me.

She remembered, she remembered what I told her last night, and she was just about to tell me until he walked in.

FLASHBACK:
I kissed her forehead, before lifting my head up from hers. "I will always wait for you" I whispered vulnerably.

That didn't stop her however, she kept her pace at walking towards Alex. "Please babe, can we talk?" Alexander told her as he handed her the pink peonies, seconds later dipping her head to smell. Of course he knew her favourite flowers, he was her first love. When did I care about love, seems like I have recently because the sight of Sophie agreeing to what he said, had me furious. The sight of them walking away together, I felt like I was a freshman again. Jackson looked over to me, as Grace stood there still shook.

My body felt heavy, like my chest was weighing every ounce of me down. Like I was a computer crashing, internet unstable. Unstable because I don't know what I feel anymore. Wondering if the Sophie who was not my enemy was a good choice or if it was the worst i've made. My hand strongly gripped onto the railing, my knuckles turning white from the amount of pressure I was pressing down on the white wood. Alexander, damn Alex... I thought as I stormed upstairs away from the despicable view.